The absolutely huge 'moan about cyclists' megathread

Guest Guest

Cyclists in Sheffield  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Cyclists in Sheffield

• Give em a break, give em some room
    • You don't pay road tax, get off the road

Grown man assaults teenager in road rage incident.

sheffieldforum collective applaud rather than shop the violent van driving nutter's licence plate to the police so he's put away where he belongs before he kills someone.

Well done all, give yourselves a pat on the back. After all, it's a well known "fact" that kids on BMX bikes regularly knock down the proverbial old lady (actual incidence approaching as near to zero as makes no difference) whereas the hundreds of cyclists killed by aggressive and ignorant motorists every year don't really count, as that's only reality, not to be taken seriously when there's idiotic nonsense to peddle ('scuse pun).

Hang on, I don't think everyone agrees this was 'right'!

What I say is that it was inevitable - if you make a habit of being abusive on the road, whether cyclist or driver, someone at some point is going to turn nasty on you given the stress all road users get under these days. The cyclist was a loon, the van driver was a loon, the pair of them met today!

I'm glad I wasn't there because between the pair of them I'd have been shaken up.

I think you're forgetting that he was on the pavement. A pavement that had people on it who don't expect to have to dodge idiot cyclists.

The cyclist was not what? Aware of the dangers of riding on the path (don't use a bike then) or was not doing it for his own pleasure (perhaps he was).

yeh I'm pretty sure he was only on the pavement because he was trying to get out of the way of the insane drivers honking their ****in horns at him!!!

I don't suppose he was expecting to be having to dodge a idiotic van driver who was probobly in the cycle lane anyway...

What would you do if you got nearly knocked down?? make your way as quickly as possible to a nearby pavement or just hang around in the middle of the road for a while see if anyone else fancys having a go at knocking you down aswell????

I don't understand where you're coming from suggesting he decided to get punched in the face for his own pleasure either jeeez try and make some sense ffs :loopy::huh:

yeh I'm pretty sure he was only on the pavement because he was trying to get out of the way of the insane drivers honking their ****in horns at him!!!

I don't suppose he was expecting to be having to dodge a idiotic van driver who was probobly in the cycle lane anyway...

What would you do if you got nearly knocked down?? make your way as quickly as possible to a nearby pavement or just hang around in the middle of the road for a while see if anyone else fancys having a go at knocking you down aswell????

I don't understand where you're coming from suggesting he decided to get punched in the face for his own pleasure either jeeez try and make some sense ffs :loopy::huh:

I don't understand why you're so intent on turning him into a martyr and a victim. If he was behaving as claimed in the OP, and we have all witnessed knuckleheaded cyclists of this type, whether or not you think punching him was right, he was 100% responsible for his recklessness which provoked the anger and horns etc in the first place.

Why are you absolving him of all responsibility for his own actions? :huh:

I don't understand why you're so intent on turning him into a martyr and a victim. If he was behaving as claimed in the OP, and we have all witnessed knuckleheaded cyclists of this type, whether or not you think punching him was right, he was 100% responsible for his recklessness which provoked the anger and horns etc in the first place.

Why are you absolving him of all responsibility for his own actions? :huh:

I'm not saying that, everyone is responsible for their own actions but he doesnt deserve a punch in the face

boxing is a controlled sport, the people who take part in it are well aware of the dangers involved and do it for their own pleasure, the cyclist wasn't

Yes he was. He violently rode his bike at people on the pavement, which could be considered assault, threatening behaviour, reckless endangerment, all of which are at least as dangerous and undesirable as a punch on the nose. And dont forget he almost caused several accidents by his riding on the road.

Hang on, I don't think everyone agrees this was 'right'!

What I say is that it was inevitable - if you make a habit of being abusive on the road, whether cyclist or driver, someone at some point is going to turn nasty on you given the stress all road users get under these days. The cyclist was a loon, the van driver was a loon, the pair of them met today!

I'm glad I wasn't there because between the pair of them I'd have been shaken up.

I'd have been shaken up too, and sickened to witness that. Sure, the cyclist deserves a lesson in road safety if the goldenfleece's account is accurate, and I do mean a lesson in road safety, not an assault. The van drive on the other hand sounds like he has a serious anger management problem and would benefit from a prison sentence.

Grown man assaults teenager in road rage incident.

sheffieldforum collective applaud rather than shop the violent van driving nutter's licence plate to the police so he's put away where he belongs before he kills someone.

Well done all, give yourselves a pat on the back. After all, it's a well known "fact" that kids on BMX bikes regularly knock down the proverbial old lady (actual incidence approaching as near to zero as makes no difference) whereas the hundreds of cyclists killed by aggressive and ignorant motorists every year don't really count, as that's only reality, not to be taken seriously when there's idiotic nonsense to peddle ('scuse pun).

Everyone seems to ignore the fact that the van driver actually saved the bikers life, by the timely application of his brakes!

Perhaps the rider was intent on suicide, of high on drugs...why else would he ride into the path of a large van?

Archived