NOT about Asylum seekers...well...

just to add, T20, i endorse what smiler said in his response to you, above about the Nazist thuggery.

I applaud your comment in the post a couple above where you describe those members featured as thugs. (much as it galls me to agree!)

PT

You really have no idea what we are all about ,you simply beleive what the bbc put in front of you and take it as read.

So the views of 3 people are what we all beleive then? well in that case the small followers af abu hamsa represent the entire muslim faith then?

I don't think its a case of people coming round to this bad view of the BNP simply because of one BBC documentary based around a few bad members, even though some of them were leading figures... I think the program has just comfirmed the view most people already had of the BNP.

Originally posted by t020

The 750,000 who voted BNP in the European elections were not all duped by suits, they knew full well who and what they were voting for and a documentary like this won't suddenly have the effect of putting them off. The real issue is why they would vote for such a party in the first place.

I do not agree, and I'm sure you don't either. If people knew what the BNP are truly like then Iam certain that nobody would vote for them.

Originally posted by Sidla

I do not agree, and I'm sure you don't either. If people knew what the BNP are truly like then Iam certain that nobody would vote for them.

Fine sentiments indeed Sidla, but wildly optimistic in my view. I wish I shared your faith in human nature.

You'd better believe it: there are an awful lot of people out there who know exactly what the BNP represent, yet fully share their views

Originally posted by royjames

You really have no idea what we are all about ,you simply beleive what the bbc put in front of you and take it as read.

So the views of 3 people are what we all beleive then? well in that case the small followers af abu hamsa represent the entire muslim faith then?

We can all decide for ourselves Roy by looking at the BNP Policies where you will find the a list of racist and xenophobic drivel. If that is the official party line, how do you expect us to think that the BNP is anything but the one presented on the program?

Fortunately, most people can decide for themselves and they don't believe the BNP lies.

Well Tony you are right people can look on the site and see the policies and they will see good solid popular policies which in spite of everything will resonate with a lot of people visa vee 802,000 votes.

The funny thing is that since that programme was aired we have had more than usual people wanting to join the party.

It's early days yet but it seems to have actually done us more good than harm.

You see that people are not daft enough to fall for this kind of set up,they know we are taking on the system and they know this is a struggle we have to win.

Originally posted by mojoworking

Fine sentiments indeed Sidla, but wildly optimistic in my view. I wish I shared your faith in human nature.

You'd better believe it: there are an awful lot of people out there who know exactly what the BNP represent, yet fully share their views

There maybe, but I firmly believe that that the majority of the BNP voters only did so in ignorance.

Originally posted by Sidla

There maybe, but I firmly believe that that the majority of the BNP voters only did so in ignorance.

I think you're being naive. The BNP being a racist party was hardly a big secret before the programme. If anything, next time around I think the BNP will see an increase in votes. It's a shame but people like that do exist.

I'm not being naive at all, one of my uncles voted for the BNP in the European elections, and he is in no way racist. He voted for them in ignorance, as I believe the majority of their voters do.

We'll see...........