The Christmas Lights - seem to be lacking in a christmasy feel - WHY??

Geoff

Originally posted by designbunny

theres some strange blue & silver lights displaying messages like 'millennium galleries' up near the winter gardens.

They are stuck up on posts, and you have to turn your head to see what is written there & also be on the right side, otherwise its backwards.

They are pretty, but they are all the same colour & look a bit weird. What happened to red & green? or is that not PC any more?

Red and Green might be offensive to moslems and are therefore considered taboo colours by Sheffield city council.

R

Red and Green might be offensive to moslems and are therefore considered taboo colours by Sheffield city council.

has anyone asked for the muslims opinion?

What about xmas trees, they're green.

This is silly, its like all those people who complained about the noddy cartoon being gay or something lol. People read far too much into things these days, too scared of being anti-whatever.

The council put the lights up for Ede & no one complained about that

• 10 months later...
This years christmas lights, not bad, but seem to lack any reference to christmas or father Xmas. Why is this ?

Does the person on the council who came up with this years christmas lights need a kick up the backside?

yeah its probably cos it might not be politically correct to have xmas lights incase they offend the ethnic community.

lets just ban christmas altogther lol and give the council a good kickin'

Is this all the lights that are going up this year? I thought we still had shed loads to come??? :S

The ones that are up now are barely noticable and just make me want to go buy a slingshot, give it to some small child and point upto the lights saying "Santa won't come unless you destroy those!".

yeah its probably cos it might not be politically correct to have xmas lights incase they offend the ethnic community.

lets just ban christmas altogther lol and give the council a good kickin'

Christmas Carols were for many many years heard around Effingham Square in Rotherham Town centre. They came from the All Saints Church. They ceased mysteriously two years ago. Political correctness.....yes I think so.

It does seem that Christmas is being toned down in many areas with large ethnic communities. I feel for our poor children......they are being deprived of the magic that we experienced!