Ant Marketing - Opinions

Hi Deejay,

I have seen these threads and it's a bit of a mixed bag!!!

Have you had experience of ANT?

S_B

Not personally no, I know it's a mixed bag on there but it gives you a taste of what to expect. As for me personally I wouldn't touch em' with a bargepole!

Just watch out because this thread will get merged with the above mentioned thread :)

Thanks Deejay,

I wonder why it's so bad????

S_B

Hi star boy!

I've had a look on had a look on that thread and i think it may be a case of chinese whispers. I have worked there for over a year (granted not now but not due to ANT) and it was fine!

Worked at sheaf quay and staff were a bunch of laughs, even the managers were bearable!!!

that was my experience of it anyway!

caz x

Threads now merged. Thanks

can anyone tell me what the job consists of and what the pay is like?

Originally posted by wwp8

can anyone tell me what the job consists of and what the pay is like?

It depends were you are!! The big money is down at Sheaf Quay. The job is bascally caling people up either selling or informing people of services.

Caz x

erm, basically canvasing?

then definatelly not for me, due to the amount of stick i give to these people who won't take NO for an answer.

I dont know if this really adds to the debate or not but in the two/three years I've been at shef uni ANT advertise in the union for staff a lot which makes me think they must have a really high turnover.

Originally posted by kathythebean

I dont know if this really adds to the debate or not but in the two/three years I've been at shef uni ANT advertise in the union for staff a lot which makes me think they must have a really high turnover.

or maybe, the staff leave quicker than they can employ them ?????

I went for an interview at Ant Marketing about 4 months ago. I found the interview process quite profesional all in all. I also did the dictation and the spelling tests, and I also sat down and did a one-to-one interview with the HR Manager.

It seemed fairly apparent to me that the people they took the most care of were the new ones because of the high turnover.

I went for an interview at the Broomhill site and didn't see a happy face on the phones. I went for another Interview the same afternoon and got offered a job at 15k p/a for a basic so Ant never really got a look in.

For me one of the most important aspects of a job like this is a certain amount of natural sales ability. If you haven't got it the job is always going to be boring for you, let's face it any job that you struggle with is rarely exciting. I feel I should add though that any employee of Ant marketing who feels the need to make joke at other peoples expense on why perhaps they never got a job or why they left does not command an awful lot of respect in my eyes. But no matter what the company and no matter what your boss is like you should remember to never argue with fools, they drag you down to their own level then beat you with experience.

wizzard, so how much times did you go? i went once for an assessment and didnt get it, maybe i didnt have any experience... i know i can do the job if i get it its just that i hate interviews and stuff....