What's the worst job you've ever had?

working for Telewest

Edited by batbeanz

Working 15 hour shifts for a cruddy little security firm in Sheffield in 2002, sitting on a building site and listening to the cretins babble on the radio.

working for telewest, or yorkshire cable as it was then. awful awful awful. very cliquey and full of thick as **** managers and 'senior' wannabes that just kissed ass all the time. talk about if your face fits. never do call centres, do medicine - its better!

It's still very much the same now. I left there almost a year ago. I only stuck it out 6 months and I hated every second of it. The little/no support from "Team Leaders", The amount of abused I got from Customers, the arse-lickin that went off between fellow collegues and "Senior" execs. Clearly my worst job.

I did a job called Kimbeling. (Not sure if thats how it's spelled) It was in a Warehouse that stored imported Shoes, Handbags etc. My job was to open the box, take out the Shoes or Handbag, take off the American label, put on a U.K label and put Shoes or Handbag back into its box. There were 20,000 pairs of Shoes and 15,000 Handbags. I noticed most of the U.K price tags were way much more than the U.S price tags. Strangely enough, that job made me really horney. I hated the job but needless to say my girlfriend at the time loved it.:thumbsup:

I've done that but it was the socks for the pro star football kits, me and my mate were only 15, they paid us £2.21 ph and then split us up because we looked like we were actually having too much of a good time having a natter at the same time.

Great reading, glad I'm not alone in doing some bad stuff! I once lasted 2 weeks in a factory, working nights checking the gussets on tights. My friends couldn't believe I used to stretch tights onto a pair of fake, lit-up legs all night. Nor can I actually....

Worst job probaby having to teach boxing combat classes to 8-11 year olds, despite never been trained and never done it before!! Then it got worse when they decided to double the class size and chuck in the 5-7 year olds for the same class. Then it got worse when they decided to let a 4 year old join the class. At first I just did the class, then it dawned on me that there was something very wrong so I refused to teach the classes until they trained me how to do it! Their response was 'you're a sports person, you are trained', to which my reply was 'yes, but that does not cover me when little jonny punches little tim and he hits his head on the floor, I need to be trained for health, safety and legal reasons!!'.

Oh and there was that time when they gave me 27 5-7 year olds to look after on my own, in a studio. If one needed the toilet then they all had to go. One time I took them all to the toilet, came back up and one minute later a kid said 'I need the toilet'. I explained that we had just been and that I was not going to take 27 kids to the toilet again, and that there was only 10 mins left of the session. It turned out that this kid wet his pants, and I got the blame and the flack from the manager who told me I should have taken them all to the toilet again, to which my response was 'I had 27 kids on my own, give me another member of staff and we could have done several toilet stops!!!':loopy:

Sorry for the rant, that feels good now :D

This thread has been raked up from more than 2 years ago but still.

I had a heavy lifting job, I was a Hod carrier at stone Henge!.

Then got a job in Timpsons shoe shop, Taking "Hush puppies" for walks.

worked for SIV... two faced sods.. the customer is always right my arse!:rant:

I highly recommend contract cleaning on new build houses.

The lazy b*****d plumbers and sparkies would dump their bodily waste in the toilets prior to them being plumbed in and having no water there was no way to get rid of them.

Try that at £1.50 an hour! Needless to say, I lasted a day.

i used to work at lidl and it was pure hell with a bad hair cut and a serious attitude problem and it was called a DM = district manager

serioulsy i hated that job with a burning passion

the people were ok but the DM was a mega bitch

i took great pleaseure in handing in my notice and then working my last shift it was pure bliss in the last week i never did a thing i was told and just messed about for a whole week :thumbsup:

Worst job i did was working in castle market on one of the fish stalls :gag:

^ i can smell it from here!

worst one i did was selling poorly made replica england shirts out of a sports bag, back in manchester during france '98.

nice!