What's the worst job you've ever had?

I rang every business within a couple of miles of home until I found something. Sorry - it's a dead boring answer but it worked for me.

The worst job I'v ever had... hmmm... unfortunately I'm currently still doing it:(

Anybody ever worked at the Prescription Pricing Authority (PPA) in town?

I had the 2 worst months of my working life there. You got a strict 30 mins for lunch and had to clock in and out. When I returned the lift was broken so I had to use the stairs on the other side of the building and its 5 floors up. I clocked back in one minute late.

I got an "official warning"! Unbelievable! I just burst out laughing and walked out never to return.... :)

edited by spook

Originally posted by caprice

You all seem to have bad experiences from summer jobs... Where did you find these jobs? (Not that I want them ofcourse!!!) I just want to know where you found out about summer jobs... I can't find one anywhere :(

me and a few mates signed up at recruitment agency when we were stoooodents - Allaco (or is was called summat like that) they had loads of jobs

Upon leaving school I worked part time in a very small office. There was only 3 people. The other 2 were closed off in seperate offices and not approachable people. I had nobody to talk to and the time seemed to drag. An utterly boring job where I have never watched a clock so much.

A friend of mine had a job for half a day (that's all he could stand) at place that supplied birthday/xmas cards. The job description was to wrap a peice of cellotape around 2 fingers and then tap it against a gift card in order to remove excessive glitter from the card. He told me that there were a team of half a dozen people doing this.

Before Christmas I worked at Sheffield so called Airport as fire crew. We had a few private flights in a day and when the air traffic controller needed a day off we used to take over. It was scary bringing the queens flight in last year!

Used to cut the grass along the runway to stave off boredom. I'm meeting up with the lads next Saturday night at the Vodka Revolution bar to have a good moan about the place.

Renovating a very old large house in France. Using one of those floor polishers on a wooden floor and coming across lots of Rat poo. Apart from the Rat poo it was very dull work as I had a lot of space to cover.

I did this to raise some quick money for airfare.

SPAR horrible place and unbelievably mind numbing, the manager was totally clueless and it was the understaff that ran the shop not him :roll:

They paid the wages in a shifty manner as well, money out of till in a brown envelope, no wage slip or anything :huh:

Only other job (lasted for all of two days) was selling fast "food" to people in Don Valley Stadium. Struck me as amusing, do tons of exercise to get in shape and then celebrate by having a big greasy burger and fries Hmmmmm :D

Guest Mod_Man

I did a job called Kimbeling. (Not sure if thats how it's spelled) It was in a Warehouse that stored imported Shoes, Handbags etc. My job was to open the box, take out the Shoes or Handbag, take off the American label, put on a U.K label and put Shoes or Handbag back into its box. There were 20,000 pairs of Shoes and 15,000 Handbags. I noticed most of the U.K price tags were way much more than the U.S price tags. Strangely enough, that job made me really horney. I hated the job but needless to say my girlfriend at the time loved it.:thumbsup:

MCDonalds for six months. Yes I was veggie - I sold my soul to the devil so I could go to Cyprus!

And i once worked for a guy in a bar who was fine at the beginning of the night but by the end he turned into some horrible lech who thought he could palm me off onto his drunken friends... it was a summer job whilst i was at uni and I once walked the two miles home from Beighton to Aston over the railway bridge to avoid being given a lift.

I used to interview a lot of people for positions in my previous job. The worst current job i ever heard about was this guy called Duncan who worked for a doughnut factory place. His job was to turn the doughnuts over. It's the only time I was ever unprofessional in an interview situation and started laughing discussing RSI when he told me that wasn't the worst job - the worst job was to WATCH the doughnuts for a burnt one! :cool: I had to employ him - he made me laugh and I pitied him so much!