Birthday party venues, suggestions and soft play centres

Zebra

I know that the staff are not paid to be childminders, but it might help if there were more and they paid some attention to what was going on...then they could have a word with the parents in question/ do something about inappropriate use of the equipment - little ones in the older sections getting squashed, older ones in the little ones section, doing the squashing. Some parents can be pure evil when you point out that their child is behaving badly. It helps if a member of staff does the telling off.

Unfortunately some people just don't seem to take a lot of interest in what their children are up to. And to be fair, some are probably nattering child-free for a precious ten minutes and would be sorry to hear that their child was causing problems.

I have grown to hate these places and become a complete 'soft play snob' due to sevral bad exeperiences with other kids and parents in these places. I only go to playspace in Ranmoor now, and I fear that will shut down as it always seems quiet. You are right though some parents see it as a break or sitting service and just leave there kids to it.

I agree - I have been sick of looking after other people's kids too - the mother's just sitting their nattering/reading and totally ignoring their children.

I have now just got so hardskinned though and will ask the mothers to politely get off their backsides and watch their kids!!!

That sounds like a very frustrating experience... I've not been to a soft play yet as bub's only ten months but no doubt will venture to one soon (as weather gets worse and his mobility improves). I have no interest in babysitting other people's kids either. I'll have to make sure I frequent the Ranmoor Playscene as it's closest to me to. How much does it costs to get in? I suppose I should just bite the bullet and go really but I have to say the idea of soft play centres hardly thrills me...

Hi I live in Mosborough, and look forward to your new venture, 1 thing I wanted to mention was, I am slightly disabled and find it very difficult to run around after my 2 year old, most of the time my husband comes with us to places like this, but it would be nice to go on my own, would there be any one there to get my son out of any danger if I could not get to him, ie under or on top of something!

As for something for parents that are bored I would love to meet up and do some crafts or something, I have lots of materials to share if wanted,

I find it hard to understand a lot of parents these days anyway to be honest, I have a very chatty 2 year old boy, who loves to say hello to people, we were in a lift today and he saw a little cute girl about the same age, with her mum, and of course he said hello several times, and the said little cute girl just stared at him, said nothing. I know we are not to encourage our little ones to talk to strangers but surely to say hello to a fellow cutie, I would have encouraged her to reply if she was mine.

Hi floralfoote, I don't live anywhere near Mosborough, but if you were able to come to jellytots sometime (Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, 1pm-3pm, Victoria Methodist Hall, Chapel Walk in Town) I'm sure someone would be happy to help out with running after the little one...and we'd love to meet you (I go Mondays).