What school did you go to and when?

Originally posted by matsalleh

Am I the only survivor of City Grammar (Leopold Street) ? Left 1958 and have only ever met one other person from there.

My cousins husband went there. He would have left about 1953/54 I think. He's on hol at mo but Ill speak to him when he gets back and let you know definate.

i'm went to kes and i'm still at kes...its fun AND boring at the same time:) and i was in the old lower kes(year 7) before it was demolished, and i was in the new kes(year8 & 9) and then i'm now at upper kes(year 10 and onwards) so far i'm in year 11 and i still have my mock and my gcse's to do:(

Wybourn Infants 1964-1967

Wybourn Juniors 1967-1969

Norfolk Middle 1969-1971

Hurlfield Comp 1971-1975

Strangest thing is sometimes i can still remember the taste of the Shepherds Pie from Wybourn Juniors all those years ago every time i eat something similar. Never worked with anything else, cannot 'remember' the taste of any other food if that makes any sense.

Wonder who the cook was?

Happy days!

I agree with Ronin. Everyone used to slag off school dinners but for i one loved them. I can still taste the cheese croquets to this day and if anyone knows of somewhere that sells them please TELL ME!!!!!.:)

Hinde house school and man, was it ****. I left early and never looked back, just studied myself and done alright so far. It was like a damn battlefield, fighting every day to just get through the day. I look back it now, man was I lukcy to leave early.

Originally posted by vidster

I agree with Ronin. Everyone used to slag off school dinners but for i one loved them. I can still taste the cheese croquets to this day and if anyone knows of somewhere that sells them please TELL ME!!!!!.:)

Yeah, I second that!! I LOVED cheese croquets, and that cheese pie/flan thing. I don't think they sell them, only those minging POTATO croquets. Yak.

SO WHERE ARE ALL THE BROOK SCHOOL PEOPLE / ATHELSATN AND HANDSWORTH INFANTS. I HAVE POSTED LOADS OF ADS FOR THIS

Originally posted by spook

In which case I'll be the first to claim Notre Dame, 1984-1991 :D

Ok mate, I'll be the 2nd to claim - Notre dame, left in 1985/6, I think. Went there from St Peters when it closed.

Matt

Originally posted by MARTINO 1

:D Went to St Peters - Morral Road, us and colley were best of enemies!

[RPG - please dont use capital letters]

I was at St Peters - some great battles with the boys from Colley! Left there in 1983 I think, when it closed and I moved to notre Dame - we rebelled and wore our St Pete's ties and grey jumpers instead of the awful bottle green Notre dame sweaters.

Matt

Originally posted by Jess

I left in 1975, but not as a student, but for another teaching job. God I feel old.

I LEFT SHIREGREEN IN 1944 BUT I DONT FEEL OLD