New Build planned Stocksbridge

You only really have a right to natural daylight if you have had an unobstructed view for more than 20 years. There are no hard and fast rules about what constitutes a detrimental level of reduction either, it’s all very woolly and results of court judgements have varied.

You say that 2-storey is the norm around there?

Apply for 3-storey and you get knocked back to 2-storey. So what to do?

... Apply for 4-storey and get knocked back to 3 which is what you wanted in the first place!!!

Well no, I don't want any storeys full stop. Or do you mean the developers?

This is a six story plan; does that mean that if it gets knocked back it will become a 5 story? That’s just a total joke;

It says that the eaves of our house will be in line with the fourth floor; I’m not gonna have any view of anything decent; the plans look like they are gonna build something that resembles parkhill flats!

I love Stocksbridge and I love the views I get out of my windows; why does someone’s greed go before everything else. I have a feeling money talks louder than objections; and that no one will take any notice of the letters we send.

Our houses are quaint traditional looking houses these 'apartments' are going to lower the standards of the area and take away part of Stocksbridges beauty.

freelikeme; the development is for the disused Corus car park on Manc road near the fire station.

Skatiechik – where abouts are the developments you mention? How long have you been waiting for a reply? Almost sounds like the same development!

It says that the eaves of our house will be in line with the fourth floor; I’m not gonna have any view of anything decent; the plans look like they are gonna build something that resembles parkhill flats!

The same our end too, it is going to tower over the top of the house and people on the top floor are going to see into the back garden. Not to mention the inadequate parking which has been designated. 12 parking spaces for 12 flats in an area where public transport is poor. Who are they trying to kid :confused:

I love Stocksbridge and I love the views I get out of my windows; why does someone’s greed go before everything else. I have a feeling money talks louder than objections; and that no one will take any notice of the letters we send.

That is the way I felt though, apart from involving some cash and a backhander we just have to put some faith in the system I guess. I haven't heard back from the assigned planning officer yet, despite me asking him to give me reciept that he recieved my objections :rolleyes:

Our houses are quaint traditional looking houses these 'apartments' are going to lower the standards of the area and take away part of Stocksbridges beauty.

freelikeme; the development is for the disused Corus car park on Manc road near the fire station.

Skatiechik – where abouts are the developments you mention? How long have you been waiting for a reply? Almost sounds like the same development!

Same my end too, all two storey housing and they want to shove a big ugly apartment on the edge of the greenbelt :rolleyes:

The development of 12 apartments is proposed to replace the site of Crown Cars garage.

Hi everyone, thanks for the support.

We have launched (amongst many other things) an online petition for the people who did not get a letter from the council. We will be taking this matter to Look Local tomorrow and also writing to the Sheffield Star.

The petition can be found here:-

http://www.petitiononline.com/stocks1/petition.html

Ok not to worry, I have filled in the contact form on their website with details of the four storey development if they would like to run it as a news item.

Lets hope they will run it, as these developments are so out of keeping with the area. If there was terraced housing, or semi detached houses planned then it would be so much better. However it seems to be all about profit making, see how many flats you can shove in one area.

Government policy and greedy land owners have driven that Skatiechick, not developers or LA planners.

What's happened is that as planning policy has (rightly many would argue)moved towards increased density on brownfield sites so the sites that you're talking about in Stocksbridge have found a new use with residential. The increased density means that the land owners want more money for their land so developers are forced to pay more than ever before for small scraps of land. Believe me, many developers would like a return to realistic land values.!

I've had a very quick look at the online plans and I can't immediately see anything that doesn't meet current policy or guidance, and it actually looks like the kind of scheme that would be warmly welcomed and should receive an easy approval. You may be disappointed if you want to stop it completely. You might still find some joy if you try to influence some of the details though.