Rant: Parking at Centertainment

I worked it out, when I was at college, and for the cost of 4quid a day getting to college and back, I was there 3 days, so 12squid, I live about 10mins from college in the car, so I used probably a fiver at most all week getting to college and back, bus fairs are just too massive these days.

Public transport needs to be massively subsidised if it is to make any impact. Presently it is a tax on the poor who can't afford a car.

I walk as it is only 10 minutes from my house. The parking problem is down to the type of ignorant motorist who cannot walk more than 3 metres and thinks vehicle tax is a passport to park anywhere they please.

I agree, it's just laziness, if lazy people can't be bothered to park around the corner they deserve a ticket when they park somewhere stupid

And I don't know why some people think just because they have payed the costs of running a car that thier legs become useless :loopy:

It's elderly and disabled people who deserve to use cars for short trips and be able to park close to where they are going, not ignorant people who think paying vehicle tax gives them a right to never have to use public transport :loopy:

I agree, it's just laziness, if lazy people can't be bothered to park around the corner they deserve a ticket when they park somewhere stupid

And I don't know why some people think just because they have payed the costs of running a car that thier legs become useless :loopy:

It's elderly and disabled people who deserve to use cars for short trips and be able to park close to where they are going, not ignorant people who think paying vehicle tax gives them a right to never have to use public transport :loopy:

Kind of seems like you're directin this at my post, so I'll make it clear, just incase.

Never said we should be able to park close becuase we've payed our tax, insurance etc, I said I know what I'd be a bit annoyed if I payed out all this, and was then expected to take a bus/tram or worse - cycle.

Kind of seems like you're directin this at my post, so I'll make it clear, just incase.

Never said we should be able to park close becuase we've payed our tax, insurance etc, I said I know what I'd be a bit annoyed if I payed out all this, and was then expected to take a bus/tram or worse - cycle.

I know you didn't, it's the lazy people who park on the pavement to avoid walking that are most annoying

Haven't you ever seen them at the supermarkets driving around and around the car park looking for a spot near the door when there are lots of spaces near the back of the carpark, it would be funny to watch if it wasn't bad for the environment

I know you didn't, it's the lazy people who park on the pavement to avoid walking that are most annoying

Haven't you ever seen them at the supermarkets driving around and around the car park looking for a spot near the door when there are lots of spaces near the back of the carpark, it would be funny to watch if it wasn't bad for the environment

:hihi: yesss I've seen it...makes me laugh anyway

:hihi: yesss I've seen it...makes me laugh anyway

It's probably worth the fuel they are using for the entertainment of watching them

I once saw two of these idiots racing for a parking space, it was like wacky races I don't know how they didn't crash into each other, probably years of practice

May be a new game. First one to find the parking space doesn't buy the beers...

An even better idea would be to get yourself a bicycle, you could park in the bicycle area and it would be great for the environment as well :thumbsup:

How many people go to Centretainment on their own?! People usually go with a lot of friends or with their children to see a film. This is one place where bicycles are not going to be a particularly useful mode of transport.

How many people go to Centretainment on their own?! People usually go with a lot of friends or with their children to see a film. This is one place where bicycles are not going to be a particularly useful mode of transport.

I'm not suggesting they all get on the same bicycle :loopy:

They could have a bicycle each :loopy:

Edited by teuton

So you would bicycle to Centertainment seperatly, miles, all dressed up (possibly)? What if you planned to drink as many do there? Or leave late at night as many do- I know I wouldn't cycle through Darnal and Lower Manor to get home (up many hills) at midnight!!

Simple- if you have a car and plan to drive there, park in a SPACE not on the pavement. Any that do, expect a 'fine'. It will be better if they actually stop arena parking when events are on rather than just sticking stupid signs up that they clearly all ignore.

So you would bicycle to Centertainment seperatly, miles, all dressed up (possibly)? What if you planned to drink as many do there? Or leave late at night as many do- I know I wouldn't cycle through Darnal and Lower Manor to get home (up many hills) at midnight!!

That's not my problem, maybe you could lay off the alcohol and leave a bit earlier:loopy:

Don't know if anyone has seen the new signs at Centretainment about the parking which went up a few weeks ago regarding parking regulations, but have been down tonight and seen 2 cars that have had parking notices stuck on their screen for parking on the footpaths. Been told it is an £80 fine and was also told that they were clamping last week so beware where and how you park if going there.

Not fines.

Just uneforceable scam invoices