University Of Sheffield Students Set Up Encampment On Campus

3 minutes ago, Pyrotequila said:

I think the modern generation (the ones protesting) are more focused on the most recent conflict.

I highly doubt they've put a great deal of thought into it... I've even seen videos online of people at these protests who have no idea what the protest is... they've literally been herded into it and had a sign put in their hands by an organiser 🤦‍♂️

:thumbsup:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Pyrotequila said:

I think the modern generation (the ones protesting) are more focused on the most recent conflict.

I highly doubt they've put a great deal of thought into it... I've even seen videos online of people at these protests who have no idea what the protest is... they've literally been herded into it and had a sign put in their hands by an organiser 🤦‍♂️

I don’t think students are that dumb and if you actually believe what you have posted then I think you need to read up on how the Israeli/palestinian conflict started. Dehumanising Palestinians and their supporters and humanising Israelis and defending Israel’s current genocidal actions along with weaponising the holocaust and anti semitism just doesn’t wash any more.

The protesters are on the right side of history 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, mafya said:

I don’t think students are that dumb and if you actually believe what you have posted then I think you need to read up on how the Israeli/palestinian conflict started. Dehumanising Palestinians and their supporters and humanising Israelis and defending Israel’s current genocidal actions along with weaponising the holocaust and anti semitism just doesn’t wash any more.

The protesters are on the right side of history 

My bold

That depends on who writes it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

My bold

That depends on who writes it.

All the pics and videos of the indiscriminate bombings and videos of dead women and children in Palestine and of the Israeli victims of the October 7th attacks by Hamas are part of history so history won’t be written in this case as there is plenty of pictures and video evidence available.

The videos of Israeli leaders saying they are going to cut off food and water and that they are dealing with human animals along with others saying Gaza should be flattened etc etc are the award winners.

You can’t write live videos to suit your agenda so yes history will tell its own unedited story

4 minutes ago, mafya said:

All the pics and videos of the indiscriminate bombings and videos of dead women and children in Palestine and of the Israeli victims of the October 7th attacks by Hamas are part of history so history won’t be written in this case as there is plenty of pictures and video evidence available.

The videos of Israeli leaders saying they are going to cut off food and water and that they are dealing with human animals along with others saying Gaza should be flattened etc etc are the award winners.

You can’t write live videos to suit your agenda so yes history will tell its own unedited story

The internet can be censored. 

The internet IS censored. 

People can be cancelled. 

The powers that be will decide the narrative and that's what the vast majority will end up believing. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Can we get back to the sheep at Sheffield University. There’s already a thread for the other things.

They are not sheep, they are the future leaders, doctors, barristers etc and are protesting against the injustice they see.

Students protested against the Vietnam war among others so I’m with the students on this one.

They are the new generation and the older generation are demonising them because they know once they die off the blinkered love they have for Israel will not be continued.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, mafya said:

They are not sheep, they are the future leaders, doctors, barristers etc and are protesting against the injustice they see.

Students protested against the Vietnam war among others so I’m with the students on this one.

They are the new generation and the older generation are demonising them because they know once they die off the blinkered love they have for Israel will not be continued.

How come they are only doing it now ? 

1 hour ago, hackey lad said:

How come they are only doing it now ? 

Because enough is enough Israel has not defeated Hamas and is only going about killing Palestinians Willy nilly.

Do you support genocide as it seems you do, anyone who supports what Israel is currently doing is a supporter of genocide because Israel’s actions can not be supported under any circumstances..

14 minutes ago, mafya said:

Because enough is enough Israel has not defeated Hamas and is only going about killing Palestinians Willy nilly.

Do you support genocide as it seems you do, anyone who supports what Israel is currently doing is a supporter of genocide because Israel’s actions can not be supported under any circumstances..

Right my friend . Stop it with the personal bits . I do not support genocide on any side. If you look at the Gaza  thread you will see that I agree with you on some things , even to the point that you have liked my comments. 
Now as we are on about Sheffield University students , why do you think they are doing it now and not months ago ?  Sheep on a band wagon ?