Police To Reinvestigate Decision To Charge Caroline Flack

1 hour ago, The_DADDY said:

Seems like clutching at straws to me.

She assaulted her boyfriend Whilst He Was Sleeping...

Bashed his head in with a lamp I believe although I may be wrong on the weapon used she did use one.

Her mum or whoever is behind this need to accept that yes, whilst it's sad she killed herself she has no one to blame but herself. She was clearly violent, a danger to others and sadly herself too. 

Arguing about the reason this violent woman was going to be charged will change nothing in my opinion. Personally I wish she didn't kill herself, instead owned up to her crime (if convicted) and accept her punishment then move on. As a celebrity she could reach a wide audience, telling her story and how she became an abuser could have helped others. I'd have certainly respected that.

Upwards of 870,000 people disagreed with you enough to sign this petition, though there were others.
Her boyfriend didn't want the prosecution to go ahead, but the press hounded someone in a fragile mental state in order to sell papers.
Social media joined in, which can't have helped either.

Also from Bylines;

Our investigation also reveals the truth behind the worst of the news output that led almost two million people to call for a ‘Caroline’s Law’; legislation – never in the end debated at Westminster – to make it a criminal offence to publish unduly oppressive media coverage that pushed people to suicide.

Sources inside The Sun tell how the tabloid bought and published a picture of Caroline’s blood-stained bed – likely to be key evidence in the then-upcoming trial – without explaining it was her own self-inflicted injuries that had caused the scene.

https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/flacks-law

Why is this important?
Sections of the British press & media act with impunity, and more recently there have been a number of cases where they have sought to sensationalise the misfortune of individuals (mainly those already in the public eye, but not always so) to the catastrophic detriment of the individuals' mental welfare. The Jeremy Kyle show, and Caroline Flack being recent examples.

We'll never truly know all of the things that were going on in Caroline's mind when she took the decision to take her life. But we do know that sections of the media were quite happy to drag her life through the wringer purely in order to sell a few more papers and it's just not right. What price is a life? This isn't the first time this has happened, and I'm concerned that without a new law, it won't be the last.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, peak4 said:

Upwards of 870,000 people disagreed with you enough to sign this petition, though there were others.

Snipped 

Like i say, As a celebrity she could reach a wide audience. Kinda proves my point. If it was Jane Smith from down the road I doubt 870,000 would have signed a petition. 

Clearly they are mostly fans so they are signing put of emotion most likely.  Not because a massive wrong has been committed. 

Look, I've no time for abusers.

She was an abuser who abused her partner. The fact he didn't want her charged is a result of her abuse in my opinion. 

👆 out of emotion NOT put of emotion 🙄

9 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Like i say, As a celebrity she could reach a wide audience. Kinda proves my point. If it was Jane Smith from down the road I doubt 870,000 would have signed a petition. 

Clearly they are mostly fans so they are signing put of emotion most likely.  Not because a massive wrong has been committed. 

Look, I've no time for abusers.

She was an abuser who abused her partner. The fact he didn't want her charged is a result of her abuse in my opinion. 

:thumbsup:

1 hour ago, peak4 said:

Her boyfriend didn't want the prosecution to go ahead, but the press hounded someone in a fragile mental state in order to sell papers.
Social media joined in, which can't have helped either.

Also from Bylines;

Our investigation also reveals the truth behind the worst of the news output that led almost two million people to call for a ‘Caroline’s Law’; legislation – never in the end debated at Westminster – to make it a criminal offence to publish unduly oppressive media coverage that pushed people to suicide.

Sources inside The Sun tell how the tabloid bought and published a picture of Caroline’s blood-stained bed – likely to be key evidence in the then-upcoming trial – without explaining it was her own self-inflicted injuries that had caused the scene.

https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/flacks-law

Why is this important?
Sections of the British press & media act with impunity, and more recently there have been a number of cases where they have sought to sensationalise the misfortune of individuals (mainly those already in the public eye, but not always so) to the catastrophic detriment of the individuals' mental welfare. The Jeremy Kyle show, and Caroline Flack being recent examples.

We'll never truly know all of the things that were going on in Caroline's mind when she took the decision to take her life. But we do know that sections of the media were quite happy to drag her life through the wringer purely in order to sell a few more papers and it's just not right. What price is a life? This isn't the first time this has happened, and I'm concerned that without a new law, it won't be the last.

You say social media joining in can’t have helped . It was social media that made her famous. 

Of course charges were justified.  Anyone charged with a serious offence is likely to feel stressed but most do no commit suicide.  It was not the fault of the police that the lady committed suicide.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, hackey lad said:

You say social media joining in can’t have helped . It was social media that made her famous. 

I thought she became famous because she was a presenter and sometimes actress....

• Like 1

20 hours ago, cressida said:

That's not her Mam's fault and anyway it's not a fact.

Absolutely - nobody has any influence over where they are born,or the family they are born into.There’s nothing wrong with being middle class - or working class ( and people’s perceptions and definitions of what that is vary anyway). I think most of us would fight for our children’s rights and reputations, whatever class we consider ourselves to be!

• Like 2