Footage Seems To Show Wednesday Fans Attack Man

12 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

I've done a bit more digging, it seems the man was an Ipswich fan. But he wasn't and they weren't wearing football shirts. Do football fans really just attack people for supporting a different club? 

No idiots who use football as an excuse for a ruckus do.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Top4719 said:

No idiots who use football as an excuse for a ruckus do.

Someone I went to school with was quite high up in the BBC (🙄

We met him for a drink in town one Saturday night after United had been at home and he’d clearly been in a fight.

I avoided the elephant in the room and asked if it was a good match.

He hadn’t been. Didn’t bother with the matches anymore. Pathetic.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Irene Swaine said:

Footage has emerged that appears to show Sheffield Wednesday fans attacking a man. The footage, which was shared on X, shows a man being surrounded and forced in to the front garden of a house. The exact location of the attack is not mentioned but it is said that the culprits are Sheffield Wednesday fans. 

Several people against one is not fair. Cowardness. I hope this man gets justice. 😡

Not that it justifies it but that is old news. Ages ago.

29 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

I've done a bit more digging, it seems the man was an Ipswich fan. But he wasn't and they weren't wearing football shirts. Do football fans really just attack people for supporting a different club? 

If you're just a normal fan who minds your own business then it's very unlikely you'll get into any bother. There's also a kind of unwritten rule not to attack fans who wear their team's shirt. Most of the scuffles are between younger fans who go looking for each other and wear certain brands of clothing, such as Stone Island and Hackett. I'm not condoning the behaviour in the video, but I'd guess the Ipswich fan had been gobbing off for that many people to have attacked him.

40 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

You’re gonna have a real eye opener if you didn’t know already.

4 minutes ago, Vrsaljko said:

If you're just a normal fan who minds your own business then it's very unlikely you'll get into any bother. There's also a kind of unwritten rule not to attack fans who wear their team's shirt. Most of the scuffles are between younger fans who go looking for each other and wear certain brands of clothing, such as Stone Island and Hackett. I'm not condoning the behaviour in the video, but I'd guess the Ipswich fan had been gobbing off for that many people to have attacked him.

I've never seen as many Stone Island coats as I did in Rawson Spring the other night before a Wednesday match. Is 7+ attacking one fair? I don't think it is. 

3 minutes ago, Vrsaljko said:

There’s a definite trend amongst younger fans at the minute that are obviously interested in the past “terrace culture” and dress accordingly- adidas must have made a killing in the uk with campus trainers.

It mostly resolves around being drunk, probably a bit of sniff and acting daft in the concourses under stands.

it’s nothing like  what happened in the past as much as I’m sure they wished it was.

3 minutes ago, Mkapaka said:

There’s a definite trend amongst younger fans at the minute that are obviously interested in the past “terrace culture” and dress accordingly- adidas must have made a killing in the uk with campus trainers.

It mostly resolves around being drunk, probably a bit of sniff and acting daft in the concourses under stands.

it’s nothing like  what happened in the past as much as I’m sure they wished it was.

Wasn't it a one on one fight in the past thohgh? If two people want a scrap and go for each other head that's one thing. 10 people going for one seems like cowardly thugs. I doubt that we'd have seen something like this in the 1990s.

34 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

I've never seen as many Stone Island coats as I did in Rawson Spring the other night before a Wednesday match. Is 7+ attacking one fair? I don't think it is. 

Nah, that's not fair. It's cowardly behaviour. I once saw someone get a hiding off a few blokes because he shoved a woman, but he deserved it if you ask me.

31 minutes ago, Mkapaka said:

You do see quite a few younger lads acting as if it's still the 80s. It's odd how a lot of it revolves around drugs too. The dark days of hooliganism in the 70s and 80s mostly disappeared in the 90s when the rave scene and ecstasy came along. Now the bad behaviour is creeping back in and a lot of it's due to coked up scallies.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Vrsaljko said:

disappeared in the 90s when the rave scene and ecstasy came along

I grew up in the 1990s and back then if 2 men or 2 women wanted a scrap, they did it one on one and everyone stood back and there was no side swipes or sucker punches from the spectators. This country is going to the dogs. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Irene Swaine said:

I grew up in the 1990s and back then if 2 men or 2 women wanted a scrap, they did it one on one and everyone stood back and there was no side swipes or sucker punches from the spectators. This country is going to the dogs. 

😂😂😂😂

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

😂😂😂😂

Has something tickled you?

• Haha 1