Football Fan Ban Over Gender Critical Posts After Premier League Investigation

6 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Exactly - personal opinions, which most of us accept are the individuals right to hold - even if we don't agree with them. Did the lass in the original article go round the ground shouting out that personal opinion?

I doubt it - she presumably, like the vast majority, went to watch the game, not get involved in some strange 'discussion'.

Who refuses to have friends who hold different views from them? What kind of a boring existence would we lead if we all conformed to the same thinking? It's what separates humanity from the other animals. Animals all more or less behave in the same way, any of them that differ slightly are considered highly unusual and become the subject of study.

Humans are varied in our likes, dislikes and personal opinions. I support no particular political party and am sceptical of all of them, I'm a republican, an agnostic and support the Blades.

I've close friends and family members who are Conservative, Labour, Fein Gael and Fianna Fáil.  Some are religious, some are monarchists and some are even Wednesdayites. They're family and friends before all else. Obviously, they're all misguided and I'm right, but I'm also magnanimous and I like them. It's what makes the world go round.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Couldn't have put it better myself, @m williamson.  I was going to post something similar, although more closely related to the original post in this topic myself, but you have saved me the trouble - thanks.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, m williamson said:

Who refuses to have friends who hold different views from them? What kind of a boring existence would we lead if we all conformed to the same thinking? It's what separates humanity from the other animals. Animals all more or less behave in the same way, any of them that differ slightly are considered highly unusual and become the subject of study.

Humans are varied in our likes, dislikes and personal opinions. I support no particular political party and am sceptical of all of them, I'm a republican, an agnostic and support the Blades.

I've close friends and family members who are Conservative, Labour, Fein Gael and Fianna Fáil.  Some are religious, some are monarchists and some are even Wednesdayites. They're family and friends before all else. Obviously, they're all misguided and I'm right, but I'm also magnanimous and I like them. It's what makes the world go round.

That's a great post 👏👏👏

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Prettytom said:

Just visiting 😇

That's what we all say Tom, however...

Once you manage to wriggle free of the endless protests and fake clutching of pearls, release your feet from the sticky floor of permanent outrage you will open the door to a whole new world, or should I say old world..... You will actually meet people who can tell you what a man or a woman is,!!

We understand that this can come as a shock to the newbies, especially our left leaning brethren so we have a special room allocated for such folk where you can feel safe in your normal surroundings, offering craft beer at 9 pounds per pint, a complimentary Guardian newspaper and folk with blue and pink hair just screaming at everything and everyone. 

You will then be transported to the main area where common sense prevails, you will find people talking in an adult manner with calm and understanding of other people's views, it's rather fascinating as this was thought extinct since the left wing jack Dorsey gave us twitter.

We understand fully that it's not for everyone, a few radicals have absconded the last one being Eddie/Shirley/Eddie/Shirley Izzard who ran off shouting " Remain, Remain" they will listen to me!

We fear the worst for Ms/M/Mrs Izzard.

We look forward to having you.

2 hours ago, RollingJ said:

I wouldn't be that sure.

Ditto.

34 minutes ago, m williamson said:

and some are even Wednesdayites. 

On come on! A line has to be drawn somewhere. Standards man, standards!

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, wearysmith said:

On come on! A line has to be drawn somewhere. Standards man, standards!

I totally agree and understand your revulsion. However, there are only three of them, one's a nephew on the wife's side, thankfully he lives in Columbia and so we only see him once a year or so. The second one is my oldest friend who I've known for 66 years. The third is a friend I've known for thirty years or so and despite his terrible affliction he's a decent enough lad.

I look upon it as a kind of missionary situation, bringing comfort to the less fortunate, showing them that despite their deviant behaviour there are still decent people who are prepared to extend the hand of friendship and not ostracise them, even though they deserve it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

My bold.

It's almost as though there is some agenda by powerful but shadowy elites who are pulling the strings that gives this tiny tiny fraction of people such a disproportionately loud voice. 

But I'm sure that couldn't possibly be the case. 

You're right. It isn't the case.

Just simple Peer Pressure, Group Think and Spineless people 

1 minute ago, Delayed said:

Phew. Well that's a relief.

1 minute ago, Delayed said:

Hello 1984 :wink:

It is still insidious

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, m williamson said:

I totally agree and understand your revulsion. However, there are only three of them, one's a nephew on the wife's side, thankfully he lives in Columbia and so we only see him once a year or so. The second one is my oldest friend who I've known for 66 years. The third is a friend I've known for thirty years or so and despite his terrible affliction he's a decent enough lad.

I look upon it as a kind of missionary situation, bringing comfort to the less fortunate, showing them that despite their deviant behaviour there are still decent people who are prepared to extend the hand of friendship and not ostracise them, even though they deserve it.

You're a saint mate. Taking pity on the afflicted like that. Nuff respect.

• Haha 1

On 24/03/2024 at 17:28, Al Bundy said:

That's what we all say Tom, however...

Once you manage to wriggle free of the endless protests and fake clutching of pearls, release your feet from the sticky floor of permanent outrage you will open the door to a whole new world, or should I say old world..... You will actually meet people who can tell you what a man or a woman is,!!

We understand that this can come as a shock to the newbies, especially our left leaning brethren so we have a special room allocated for such folk where you can feel safe in your normal surroundings, offering craft beer at 9 pounds per pint, a complimentary Guardian newspaper and folk with blue and pink hair just screaming at everything and everyone. 

You will then be transported to the main area where common sense prevails, you will find people talking in an adult manner with calm and understanding of other people's views, it's rather fascinating as this was thought extinct since the left wing jack Dorsey gave us twitter.

We understand fully that it's not for everyone, a few radicals have absconded the last one being Eddie/Shirley/Eddie/Shirley Izzard who ran off shouting " Remain, Remain" they will listen to me!

We fear the worst for Ms/M/Mrs Izzard.

We look forward to having you.