Football Fan Ban Over Gender Critical Posts After Premier League Investigation

1 hour ago, The_DADDY said:

My bold.

It's almost as though there is some agenda by powerful but shadowy elites who are pulling the strings that gives this tiny tiny fraction of people such a disproportionately loud voice. 

But I'm sure that couldn't possibly be the case. 

I think it more than this tiny minority are rather violent and loud so let's pacify them rather than risk assaults or vandalism.

20 minutes ago, Jim Hardie said:

It doesn’t surprise me; the Church of England seems to be a gutless organisation. It should have told the parish council to get stuffed and Newcastle United should have told the Premier League the same.

Don't for one minute think that either the COE or Newcastle wanted to tell them to get stuffed but like I mentioned above, it would be more trouble than it's worth. 

Easier to pacify the minority and they will then move on to another nonsense issue.

1 minute ago, Al Bundy said:

Don't for one minute think that either the COE or Newcastle wanted to tell them to get stuffed but like I mentioned above, it would be more trouble than it's worth. 

Easier to pacify the minority and they will then move on to another nonsense issue.

Why 'pacify' these individuals at the expense of the majority?

7 minutes ago, Jim Hardie said:

It doesn’t surprise me; the Church of England seems to be a gutless organisation. It should have told the parish council to get stuffed and Newcastle United should have told the Premier League the same.

That video you shared is absolutely unbelievable. What the hell are the Premier League doing? The variety of personal opinions held by different supporters throughout the whole football family must include every view from the sublime to the ridiculous known to humanity.

What's it got to do with them? Who's idea was it to set up some kind of undercover mind control investigation unit?

I really feel for that poor lass, all she's done is express her opinion, which as it happens I believe most of us agree with, and they've caused her personal distress and effected her life. I hope she sues the ********.

Only one good thing is going to come from this.  Following my post at # 5 I'll be banned from the Lane. Finally, an end to the pain born bravely over the years since my dad took me to see Hagan play. A season ticket holder in every division of the old football league and in the Premier League also.

Banned, a martyr to the cause of free speech, a sad but glorious way to go.

• Like 2

I’d just like to join the hang ‘em and flog ‘em anti-woke brigade for the day.

Is that ok?

This is absolutely bonkers. I assumed that she’d done something else and was conflating two issues, but no, it’s just absolute madness.

3 minutes ago, m williamson said:

That video you shared is absolutely unbelievable. What the hell are the Premier League doing? The variety of personal opinions held by different supporters throughout the whole football family must include every view from the sublime to the ridiculous known to humanity.

What's it got to do with them? Who's idea was it to set up some kind of undercover mind control investigation unit?

I really feel for that poor lass, all she's done is express her opinion, which as it happens I believe most of us agree with, and they've caused her personal distress and effected her life. I hope she sues the ********.

Only one good thing is going to come from this.  Following my post at # 5 I'll be banned from the Lane. Finally, an end to the pain born bravely over the years since my dad took me to see Hagan play. A season ticket holder in every division of the old football league and in the Premier League also.

Banned, a martyr to the cause of free speech, a sad but glorious way to go.

Exactly - personal opinions, which most of us accept are the individuals right to hold - even if we don't agree with them. Did the lass in the original article go round the ground shouting out that personal opinion?

I doubt it - she presumably, like the vast majority, went to watch the game, not get involved in some strange 'discussion'.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Prettytom said:

Is that ok?

This is absolutely bonkers. I assumed that she’d done something else and was conflating two issues, but no, it’s just absolute madness.

From what we have seen, she merely held personal views - as we are entitled to - expressed them on 'social media' - a dangerous thing to do now, apparently, but did not go round the ground espousing them - but the FA for some reason think that is not acceptable. What clowns run it?

17 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Why 'pacify' these individuals at the expense of the majority?

Because I believe they are violent and cause much distress for the unfortunate victims.

Just now, RollingJ said:

From what we have seen, she merely held personal views - as we are entitled to - expressed them on 'social media' - a dangerous thing to do now, apparently, but did not go round the ground espousing them - but the FA for some reason think that is not acceptable. What clowns run it?

Indeed. It’s very weird. I’d assumed that she’d been winding people up inside the ground, which might well be reason to ban her. But, as far as I can see, she’s just been tweeting.

If Wednesday banned every racist/misogynist/transphobic tweeter using their hashtag, there would be nobody left to attend games.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Prettytom said:

Is that ok?

Welcome aboard.

It took a while but eventually folk are coming around.

Just now, Al Bundy said:

Because I believe they are violent and cause much distress for the unfortunate victims.

So everyone else has to bow down to them - they are allowed to dictate for everyone else? No!

Just now, Al Bundy said:

Welcome aboard.

It took a while but eventually folk are coming around.

Just visiting 😇

• Haha 1