Why Are Burnley Immune From Pss Taking And Slagging Off

Now we all know the Blades are garbage this season and the quicker we go down the better BUT why is it Burnley and Company are still praised as if they are doing brilliant. Am I missing something or is there an unwritten rule in the media that you cannot slag Company off or do the media just hate "Sheffield" as they always call us. 

Kompany is seen by many (media & pundits alike) as a Premier league icon.

Wilder and Hecky before are not held in a similar light.

Our goals against column (including 5 at Burnley) have also made us the butt of many jokes.

The 'pundits' have applauded Kompany's Burnley for trying to play the right way (whatever that means) and we haven't.  

We could realistically finish above Burnley. Would things change then? 

Why are you upset prettytom, do you like Saint Company and his team that play the "right" way and do not wish to see anybody try and slag him off!!!

18 minutes ago, abbeyedges said:

Kompany is seen by many (media & pundits alike) as a Premier league icon.

Wilder and Hecky before are not held in a similar light.

Our goals against column (including 5 at Burnley) have also made us the butt of many jokes.

The 'pundits' have applauded Kompany's Burnley for trying to play the right way (whatever that means) and we haven't.  

We could realistically finish above Burnley. Would things change then? 

I doubt it because like you say they try and play the "right" way 🙄🙄🙄

2 hours ago, monzaman said:

Why are you upset prettytom, do you like Saint Company and his team that play the "right" way and do not wish to see anybody try and slag him off!!!

He sunt like you Pal.

It is strange that Burnley and Kompany haven’t received the criticism that Blades have?

22 minutes ago, prince al said:

It is strange that Burnley and Kompany haven’t received the criticism that Blades have?

The main differences between us are that we've shipped a load of goals, spent next to nowt by Premiership ' standards ' and have a grumpy Yorkshireman as a manager.

They've spent over £100 million conceded sixteen goals less than us and have a former international class player as manager.

Also the media and the pundits love to have hero's and villains to sell their wares.

A few seasons back we were the hero's when we went up and finished ninth. This season the real hero's are Luton, Burnley are being given a free pass mainly because of Kompany and they've got their villain in us.

I'd agree though that seeing as how Burnley have spent that amount of money ( peanuts though it may be in the overall scheme of things ) and at the moment aren't doing particularly better than us it can be annoying.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/premier-league/einnahmenausgaben/wettbewerb/GB1

The pss taking continues.

I cannot do a link but there's a new Paddy Power promotion that shows San Marino are looking to play the Blades in an effort to boost morale in the nation that continually loses matches.

5 minutes ago, abbeyedges said:

I cannot do a link but there's a new Paddy Power promotion that shows San Marino are looking to play the Blades in an effort to boost morale in the nation that continually loses matches.

Fame at last 🙄 🤣

6 minutes ago, abbeyedges said:

I've seen that and to be honest I did find it funny, even more so when I read the comments and people were believing it 🤣🤣

On 23/03/2024 at 17:34, monzaman said:

Now we all know the Blades are garbage this season and the quicker we go down the better BUT why is it Burnley and Company are still praised as if they are doing brilliant. Am I missing something or is there an unwritten rule in the media that you cannot slag Company off or do the media just hate "Sheffield" as they always call us. 

Maybe because they aren’t the first team in football league history to have lost 4 consecutive home games by 5 goals or more..

Or maybe because they haven’t lost a home game  conceding 8 goals …

Or maybe because they haven’t played possibly the worst 45 minutes of Premier League football ever seen …

Don’t think it’s anything to do with the media hating United or that they particularly love Vincent Kompany ….its just that you really are absolutely dreadful & an embarrassment to the city of Sheffield…👍🏽