Too Many Cars.

The reason there are too many cars is because there are too many people. As the population continues to increase due to immigration, so will car ownership.

47 minutes ago, despritdan said:

The reason there are too many cars is because there are too many people. As the population continues to increase due to immigration, so will car ownership.

Is the correct answer.

We either live in a Free Country or we don’t, my wife and I can now, for the first time ever, manage with one car, however that’s our choice and not that of Big Brother. We also live in a largish 3 bed detached house, perhaps this should be deemed as being too big for us. :loopy:

8 hours ago, altus said:

I'd disagree with that - if someone dies wanting more things, they will have died feeling unfulfilled. For example, an egotistical DJ who owns the personalised number plate DJ 2 will always think the owner of plate DJ 1 has won, regardless of how many more toys he may have.

Yep, that's me.

I feel so 'unfilled'  

Totally enjoyed every second 8).

(even the breakdowns are character building :suspect:

You've never lived till you've changed carbs in the middle of nowhere with no street lights and only a torch for illumination 😀.

Normal people wouldn't do it :huh:  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Rockers rule said:

Yep, that's me.

I feel so 'unfilled'  

You've never lived till you've changed carbs in the middle of nowhere with no street lights and only a torch for illumination 😀.

I can assure you that breaking down on Clapham Common one morning during rush hour causing that much chaos it made the traffic news... Was anything but character building!!

1 minute ago, Al Bundy said:

I can assure you that breaking down on Clapham Common one morning during rush hour causing that much chaos it made the traffic news... Was anything but character building!!

Of course it was Al, or you wouldn't have mentioned it 😀

Not as bad as breaking down in a recovery wagon at traffic lights, next to a police station :blush: 

Even the Police bobby's though it was funny.  

• Haha 2

Just now, Rockers rule said:

Not as bad as breaking down in a recovery wagon at traffic lights, next to a police station :blush: 

Thought 

& not as funny as not being able to edit :blush:

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Rockers rule said:

Yep, that's me.

I feel so 'unfilled'  

Or a cylinder head gasket at the side of the road on the van that’s broke down , plenty of gung and glue as no time for skimming , back home by tea time .

• Like 1

Bypass hose on a Morris 1100 sprang a leak. It was tremendous fun (NOT) trying to replace it without taking the cylinder head off!

The characters I built, which I never knew existed, probably belonged in an X rated film.😁

echo.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, cressida said:

May there come a time when households are limited to one car,  every time I go out I'm amazed at the amount of cars on the roads,  it makes me wonder if more people aren't working,  or more have traveling jobs,

is shopping a must - more men got the shopping bug.

You may be surprised to hear this but car use, in terms of total passenger km has hardly gone up for years :

spacer.png

I found a better graph and would have replaced the one above but the ludicrous ban on editing has stopped that.....

spacer.png

Transport modal share in the United Kingdom from 1952 to 2014

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peak_car

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Rockers rule said:

Try changing a flat tyre on an Artic, toppa Woodhead pass.

Middle of January, force 10 gale blowing a blizzard, and temperature -8.

All done in a T-shirt.

Thas not lived Rocker!