To Many People .

58 minutes ago, cressida said:

Which supermarket sells them?   I never got scolded or found them messy.

You can buy few boil in bag rice in most supermarkets. 

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, bungleboy69 said:

Nah, not for me at all. This world isn't a nice place and it will only get worse. I also prefer to work less hours and travel. 

No problem,  each to their own.

It's true that there are some weird people in the world. For instance, there are actually people that can post on a thread concerning world population problems and proceed to ramble on about rice in an obsessive manner.

Care in the Community was an abject failure.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

People from poorer countries tend to have more children as a safety net due to the higher risk of death and disease.

Imagine only having one child and then that child ends up dying in their early teens and the parents are left childless and have to rely on others to look after them.

I have 5 children  and when I’m an oap I will have a choice of 5 to look out for me.

I don’t believe anyone can dictate how many children you can have, look at chinas one child policy and other month they was on about chinas declining birth rate=

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-68002803

16 hours ago, hackey lad said:

Contraception, contraception.

Which equates to Education, education 

7 hours ago, mafya said:

People from poorer countries tend to have more children as a safety net due to the higher risk of death and disease.

Imagine only having one child and then that child ends up dying in their early teens and the parents are left childless and have to rely on others to look after them.

I have 5 children  and when I’m an oap I will have a choice of 5 to look out for me.

I don’t believe anyone can dictate how many children you can have, look at chinas one child policy and other month they was on about chinas declining birth rate=

But if they haven't got the ability to look after them, feed them then it should be questionable.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Cody's Granddad said:

But if they haven't got the ability to look after them, feed them then it should be questionable.

I hope it never boils down to only well off people can have children.

7 hours ago, mafya said:

Sounds incredibly selfish to me.

Imagine bringing a child into the world when you can't afford to bring it up, it may starve or get a disease because of poor hygiene.

Unbelievable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Al Bundy said:

Imagine bringing a child into the world when you can't afford to bring it up, it may starve or get a disease because of poor hygiene.

Unbelievable.

You do have people in this country who probably can't afford, or even worse,  are incapable of raising a child (with love, compassion,  care etc).

Way I see it,  if two people can bring a child up with 💯 commitment and love, they will be fine.

Of course, poorer countries will have limited means- but that is why we need better management of resources, not necessarily controlling birth rates.

1 hour ago, Al Bundy said:

Unbelievable.

It doesn’t take much imagination when you consider what was happening in the UK not all that long ago.

Large families were once more common as was child mortality.That despite slum dwellings and poor nutrition.

As a nation we developed as far as basic conditions,medicine and the introduction of more convenient and available contraception.

Much of that has yet to happen in mainly African countries but a hundred years or so of development is just a blink of an eye in human evolution terms.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, m williamson said:

The entire population of the world could fit into a very small section of land. The island of Hawaii for instance. 

And how much land is needed to feed each person?

• Like 1