I’m finding using this facility increasingly difficult, it doesn’t recognise my user name or email address, it  took me through a process where I was asked to identify bumble bees and flowers, only to get a ‘oops that doesn’t match’ message, I can recognise bumble bees and flowers for God’s sake.

My last successful purchase took an eternity to receive because it’s despatch required an additional payment, even though it was advertised as being of ‘Free Postage’, I ignored this and it finally arrived. I’m minded to say bugger PayPal, it’s far too much trouble.

How strange I find it the quickest way of paying for things on iPad I just log in and confirm.

• Like 1

I also find Paypal very quick to pay for items.

Likewise I find it to be very quick to log in and use.

Occasionally I'll have to verify that it's me with a text message code, but the safety net that you get if anything goes wrong with the purchase is totally worth the extra few seconds.

No problems here.

I know they got a bit picky on what you could buy via Paypal, other than that, it's very good.

They went to 2FA. Did you set that up? It might be worth logging on to https://www.paypal.com and check your settings/info.

• Like 1

No problems here either and I use it several times a week.

8 hours ago, crookesey said:

I’m finding using this facility increasingly difficult, it doesn’t recognise my user name or email address, it  took me through a process where I was asked to identify bumble bees and flowers, only to get a ‘oops that doesn’t match’ message, I can recognise bumble bees and flowers for God’s sake.

My last successful purchase took an eternity to receive because it’s despatch required an additional payment, even though it was advertised as being of ‘Free Postage’, I ignored this and it finally arrived. I’m minded to say bugger PayPal, it’s far too much trouble.

I'm surprised that your user name or email address isn't recognised? Isn't this the job of your internet browser though rather than Paypal? Maybe post this on the tech forum? Just a thought.

3 minutes ago, Draggletail said:

I'm surprised that your user name or email address isn't recognised? Isn't this the job of your internet browser though rather than Paypal? Maybe post this on the tech forum? Just a thought.

Thanks

• Like 1

Several things spring to mind.
What device are you using; if possible do a full malware scan before  anything else.
Don't rely on any saved links to Paypal, but ensure you hand type the URL "paypal dot com/uk/home"

Does it recognise your account name, which should be your registered email address?
For some reason, my account has never let me log in via my registered mobile number, which it probably a good thing for security reasons.

Never allow your browser to store your Paypal Password, in case your device gets stolen/lost.
On my home desktop PC only, I do let it remember my account name.

Try doing a password re-set

Set up Two Factor Authentication for security.

Never had any problems with paypal and find it very secure. It sends me a code to my phone when I log in or purchase anything, been using it for nearly 20 years. Sounds like a cockpit problem.