Kate Middleton - What The Hell Is Going On?

1 hour ago, peak4 said:

I neither believe, nor disbelieve, the explanation, as I wasn't there and have no insight as to the evidence.
One thing that is clear though, is that the photo has been digitally enhanced/manipulated/created (possibly from more than one original.)

Digital retouching is fine in a portrait shot, though there are strong arguments about changing a subject's proportions.

Artistic licence is also fine, when used in  the realms of creative photography, but not news media releases.

This photo, although it is a family portrait, was released more as a news item intended to dispel certain stories.
Photographs used in the media as news, to ant reputable agency, rightly have a much higher standard of permissible digital manipulation.

That's why the various photo agencies put an immediate block on its use, as the manipulation went way beyond their acceptable standards; they have a duty to supply accurate images to their customers.
It's pretty much unheard of for a royal press office to release a photo which falls foul of permissible standards for the type of submission, which I presume is why it wasn't thoroughly checked before acceptance.

If I supplied a photo for a news item, as opposed to a background for a weather report, I would likely be expected to also supply the out-of-camera image, to prove I'd not materially altered the content.

Exactly this, the whole thing is farcical.

4 minutes ago, Top4719 said:

Exactly this, the whole thing is farcical.

So is the reaction to it all .

1 hour ago, peak4 said:

... This photo, although it is a family portrait, was released more as a news item intended to dispel certain stories. ...

It was released for Mother's Day.  They released a similar one with Kate and the kids last year.

2 hours ago, peak4 said:

That's why the various photo agencies put an immediate block on its use, as the manipulation went way beyond their acceptable standards; they have a duty to supply accurate images to their customers.

It was hilarious the Mirror taking a holier-than-thou stance on the situation when:

https://www.standard.co.uk/hp/front/mirror-pictures-are-fake-7227281.html

On 15/03/2024 at 13:21, hackey lad said:

So is the reaction to it all .

I agree to some extent but they've whipped up more controversy with it than just keeping schtum.

• Like 1

This made me chuckle: Pranksters dupe Tucker Carlson into believing they edited Princess of Wales photo

Pranksters claiming to be a Kensington Palace employee fired over the Kate Middleton edited photograph fiasco say they duped former Fox News host Tucker Carlson into interviewing them for his streaming show.

In a video posted on X that has already received more than a million views, Josh Pieters and Archie Manners explained how they concocted a story about being released by the Prince and Princess of Wales for “not doing a good enough job” in manipulating a photograph of Middleton and her children that has stoked an international furore and endless conspiracy theories.

The “disgruntled former employee” act was apparently convincing enough to fool production staff at the Tucker Carlson Network (TCN), who invited Manners, posing as the royal couple’s former digital content creator, to a London studio and an interview with the rightwing personality.

“That was great, and really interesting too. I didn’t expect to be as interested in it as I was because you told a really great story,” Carlson tells Manners after listening to a made-up tale about how the infamous photograph was actually taken by Middleton’s uncle in December, and that a Christmas tree in the background had to be edited out. ...

They convinced TCN researchers of their authenticity by creating a fake contract of employment that featured the words Every Little Helps, the motto of the British supermarket chain Tesco, in Latin on a Kensington Palace crest, and a clause in which the royals reserved the right to “amputate one limb of their choosing” if Manners failed a probationary period.

:hihi:

Daily Mail's obsession is like the Express with Diana

Kate Middleton's surprise farm shop trip piles more pressure on the Palace to update the nation on her recovery because aides' silence is just fuelling more conspiracy theories, warn experts
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13209111/Kate-Middletons-farm-shop-trip-pressure-Palace-William-conspiracy-theories.html

4 minutes ago, alchresearch said:

Daily Mail's obsession is like the Express with Diana

Kate Middleton's surprise farm shop trip piles more pressure on the Palace to update the nation on her recovery because aides' silence is just fuelling more conspiracy theories, warn experts
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13209111/Kate-Middletons-farm-shop-trip-pressure-Palace-William-conspiracy-theories.html

Journos hoovering up insane Twitter content and writing the Kate articles:  CLICK ME CLICK ME OH PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD CLICK ME I'VE GOT ENGAGEMENT TARGETS TO MEET!!!!!!

On 14/03/2024 at 13:41, Top4719 said:

The press do that we're camped outside the clinic where she allegedly was. They're one of the most photographed and documented families on the planet, they can't f*** without someone knowing, it's not like you nipping to the local shops!!!

I daren't do it! 

It feels almost as though someone wants us to question what is going on without landing themselves in it. A kind of pseudonym leak. The picture wasn't really necessary. Kate has spent peroids of time out of the limelight so why the need now? Apparently the press are being primed for a "major announcement" within the next 2 days.

Posted (edited)

'Kate Middleton - What The Hell Is Going On?

Well from seeing some of the newspaper front pages this morning its `Read all about it!  Woman pop to farm shop & watches her kids play sports.'

Biggest hypocrite I saw this morning was Good Morning Britain's Susannah Reid, bang on that Middleton should be left alone.  Well she's change her tune from last week when she was banging on about the doctored photo & that the 'nation' needed answers..

I wish Middleton well & I've no need to know what medical condition she has / has, although my wife reckons, abdominal surgery & the rehab time suggests hysterectomy. 

All I can add is Vive la Republic! 

Edited by Baron99

9 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

hysterectomy

I think a few people think she has had the hysterectomy for the length of time it’s taking her to recover.