Hearing Aid Prices

3 minutes ago, crookesey said:

Cheers, you’ve helped me no end in respect of understanding what I can expect.🤙

Let us know how you go on please...

17 hours ago, Padders said:

I'm going to the Docs this Friday to have em looked at.

Daughters are sick of shouting at me..

I'm hoping to get NHS ones, I've been told as you say, that their very good.........

My mate got some off national health I asked him what type is it he said 10 past 6 😇

4 minutes ago, gaz678 said:

My mate got some off national health I asked him what type is it he said 10 past 6 😇

6 past 11 would be more appropriate.

N H S ones work brilliantly for me.

• Like 2

On 05/03/2024 at 12:21, Padders said:

Let us know how you go on please...

NHS waiting list circa 18 months

Specsavers NHS Audiology partnership not available for Sheffield Post Codes

Private Audiologists too expensive.

Awaiting my General Practitioner’s advice.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Have you considered crowd funding on Just Giving? People are inclined to donate to medical aids like this. It could be worth a try. I mean a local business crowd funded to buy themselves some chairs and someone donated £20 🤦 so it's worth a try. Sorry for your diagnosis and best of luck managing your hearing issues.

The solution to my dilemma is picking itself. I have noticed a couple of mini rechargeable aids on-line that look identical to the expensive ones that I was shown. They carry only a 30 days money back or exchange guarantee, but are at their price mainly due to not having expensive High Street occupancy and staffing costs, so am tempted at say £170.00 as against many thousands of pounds. If they only lasted for 12 months that’s less than 50 pence a day, so not that much of a risk, I’ll give the NHS a chance to offer a solution, but won’t hold my breath.

2 hours ago, crookesey said:

The solution to my dilemma is picking itself. I have noticed a couple of mini rechargeable aids on-line that look identical to the expensive ones that I was shown. They carry only a 30 days money back or exchange guarantee, but are at their price mainly due to not having expensive High Street occupancy and staffing costs, so am tempted at say £170.00 as against many thousands of pounds. If they only lasted for 12 months that’s less than 50 pence a day, so not that much of a risk, I’ll give the NHS a chance to offer a solution, but won’t hold my breath.

I've also been looking online, some really cheap ones ranging from as low as £49.

The reviews are excellent, but I think they write their own.

I've been on trust pilot checking their reviews, very negative, Useless, Scam, Don't buy these, Don't work, Can't get money back, on the other hand NHS gets rave reviews.

Easylife everyday solutions have some on offer "Hear with perfect digital clarity"  £129-99.

Anyway I'm having em checked tomorrow at the Docs, if, as you say it's a 18 month wait for the NHS, I might give Easylife ones a try.

Won't be the end of the world if their useless..

23 minutes ago, Padders said:

I've also been looking online, some really cheap ones ranging from as low as £49.

I've been on trust pilot checking their reviews, very negative, Useless, Scam, Don't buy these, Don't work, Can't get money back, on the other hand NHS gets rave reviews.

Easylife everyday solutions have some on offer "Hear with perfect digital clarity"  £129-99.

Anyway I'm having em checked tomorrow at the Docs, if, as you say it's a 18 month wait for the NHS, I might give Easylife ones a try.

Thanks, not easy is it? :huh:

36 minutes ago, Padders said:

I might just give the £14.99 one a go, I only really need help with the TV, Radio and Phone, what do you think?

Just be careful with the cheap online ones and the sort advertised in the papers. 

My partner tried them (small buds) but he couldn't get them out of his ears. After 2 trips to hospital to get them removed he gave up and put his name down for NHS ones.

I'm not saying they're all like that, I wouldn't know, just one person's experience.

Get your names on the NHS waiting list unless you have an urgent need. Subtitles on the telly help while you're waiting.

• Like 1