Bad Taste In Ones Mouth

At the Lane ,   I mean Kaoru  Mitoma  nearly had his leg ripped off due to a  tackle that was over the top , The offending player was then red carded .

So  what happens next , The ever so friendly home supporters boo and jeer Mitoma every time he makes just one more of his amazing dribbles ,

They ,The friendly club mob are upset it seems because one of their own has been sent of for attempting a leg breaker .

The manager of said friendly club says in this mornings Star that these tackles are unfortunate these days and it is not the kind of football he his used to as he likes it blood and thunder stuff .

Booing a bloke who was the receiver of the tackle instead of the offender who did it is very very very strange behavior for the family club .

They should show fairness and compassion as a example to the little kids in attendance who are influenced by  this attitude .

• Like 1

I never heard a single person say it wasn't a red card, I did hear some say he should never kick another ball for us.

By the way Jud Wednesday had a game as well but you seem to not notice them anymore.

Yet again it's all about Dem Blades with you.

You're starting to sound like Kelvin's Puppet.

18 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

At the Lane ,   I mean Kaoru  Mitoma  nearly had his leg ripped off due to a  tackle that was over the top , The offending player was then red carded .

So  what happens next , The ever so friendly home supporters boo and jeer Mitoma every time he makes just one more of his amazing dribbles ,

They ,The friendly club mob are upset it seems because one of their own has been sent of for attempting a leg breaker .

The manager of said friendly club says in this mornings Star that these tackles are unfortunate these days and it is not the kind of football he his used to as he likes it blood and thunder stuff .

Booing a bloke who was the receiver of the tackle instead of the offender who did it is very very very strange behavior for the family club .

They should show fairness and compassion as a example to the little kids in attendance who are influenced by  this attitude .

I'm afraid sportsmanship and humility have flown out the window in modern football, cuttsie, and Sheffield United are nothing unique with regards to this. Football is now almost* entirely tribalistic and absolutist about everything.

Every refereeing decision that goes against your team must be the worst decision ever, and the ref must be corrupt.

Any player that has the audacity to be the victim of a clumsy tackle must be booed into submission, like a pantomime villain. A tackle like Holgate's yesterday for my team is a fair tackle and just slightly mistimed. If an opposition player does the same tackle then it's the worst crime ever committed on a football pitch.

Players are hard-wired now to act shocked and outraged at every foul, card, throw-in, corner, goal-kick given against them.

Football managers should either win every game or be sacked immediately.

Everybody else's fans are heartless, classless, disgusting human beings but my clubs fans are the best in the world.

Remember when a brilliant goal by the opposition used to get a smattering of applause from the home fans? Now the scorer is more likely to receive a barrage of abuse and hand gestures as they celebrate.

Arsenal shouldn't celebrate after they win matches because it displays a lack of concentration and a lack of class, but when my club celebrates it shows how passionate we are.

Etc, etc, etc.

I'm a Norwich fan and I went to Rotherham (A) the other year, and I got sat in front of these three idiots who frankly I'm not sure watched a single minute of the game, much more interested as they were in just hurling mindless abuse at the nearby home fans.

*I say 'almost' as the most absolute extreme situations will still just about bring everyone back down to earth, i.e. Fabrice Muamba, Christian Eriksen collapses e.g., though having said that, even those kinds of situations are not immune from the way modern football is. It's 2024 and people are still out there with Hillsborough, Munich chants/gestures.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, AndrewC said:

I'm afraid sportsmanship and humility have flown out the window in modern football, cuttsie, and Sheffield United are nothing unique with regards to this. Football is now almost* entirely tribalistic and absolutist about everything.

Every refereeing decision that goes against your team must be the worst decision ever, and the ref must be corrupt.

Any player that has the audacity to be the victim of a clumsy tackle must be booed into submission, like a pantomime villain. A tackle like Holgate's yesterday for my team is a fair tackle and just slightly mistimed. If an opposition player does the same tackle then it's the worst crime ever committed on a football pitch.

Players are hard-wired now to act shocked and outraged at every foul, card, throw-in, corner, goal-kick given against them.

Football managers should either win every game or be sacked immediately.

Everybody else's fans are heartless, classless, disgusting human beings but my clubs fans are the best in the world.

Remember when a brilliant goal by the opposition used to get a smattering of applause from the home fans? Now the scorer is more likely to receive a barrage of abuse and hand gestures as they celebrate.

Arsenal shouldn't celebrate after they win matches because it displays a lack of concentration and a lack of class, but when my club celebrates it shows how passionate we are.

Etc, etc, etc.

I'm a Norwich fan and I went to Rotherham (A) the other year, and I got sat in front of these three idiots who frankly I'm not sure watched a single minute of the game, much more interested as they were in just hurling mindless abuse at the nearby home fans.

*I say 'almost' as the most absolute extreme situations will still just about bring everyone back down to earth, i.e. Fabrice Muamba, Christian Eriksen collapses e.g., though having said that, even those kinds of situations are not immune from the way modern football is. It's 2024 and people are still out there with Hillsborough, Munich chants/gestures.

Bang on ,A major reason why I packed in going to Hillsbro , Idiots more interested in hurling abuse at away supporters or having no interest in how the away team play as long as we win at all costs inc dangerous play .

Entertainment should be the name of the game not win at all costs .  

I recall one Saturday in the South Stand at Hillsborough with my then young son, watching one of the worst, most boring games that we’d seen. My lad says “It’s just like watching paint dry”. A guy sitting near then starts shouting and swearing at my lad, I pulled him at half time and told him that if I ever saw him in the stand again that he would need medical assistance, I never did see him again. 🤙

What does leave a bad taste in someone's mouth is Humble Jud revels in posts about United and their fans but when their fans do it his response is to falsely accuse someone of calling him a racist.

Then when everyone on the thread tells him how wrong he is he isn't so humble at all and disappears.

Yes all clubs have their idiots and not just at games.

On 19/02/2024 at 11:54, cuttsie said:

Yes it was a terrible tackle & deserved a red car. 

And the booing was terrible as well.   I remember Sunday night's national late news channels highlighting the booing with the head of FIFA & even the PM & all the other heads of the UK parties condemning the Blades fans.

Oh hang on!  None of the above happened did it. 

So Blades fans decided to boo a player, so what? 

I seem to remember some supporters being condemned nationally for mocking the death of a small child who's team turned up at their ground.  I also recall the same supporters booing & making racist monkey chant to a black player for having the gaul to be doing marvellously on their pitch.  Again it made all the media outlets & was condemned nationally. 

Now which team's supporters were responsible for the above.  Back in your pen & have a good think. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Baron99 said:

Yes it was a terrible tackle & deserved a red car. 

And the booing was terrible as well.   I remember Sunday night's national late news channels highlighting the booing with the head of FIFA & even the PM & all the other heads of the UK parties condemning the Blades fans.

Oh hang on!  None of the above happened did it. 

So Blades fans decided to boo a player, so what? 

I seem to remember some supporters being condemned nationally for mocking the death of a small child who's team turned up at their ground.  I also recall the same supporters booing & making racist monkey chant to a black player for having the gaul to be doing marvellously on their pitch.  Again it made all the media outlets & was condemned nationally. 

Now which team's supporters were responsible for the above.  Back in your pen & have a good think. 

Bang on . perhaps if you bother to read my posts you will find that those disgrace full  acts where fully slagged off by me , I unlike you I  see the wrongs that some supporters get up to ,    No matter who they support .

Tit for tat is stupid , A situation practiced by simple people ,

20 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

Bang on . perhaps if you bother to read my posts you will find that those disgrace full  acts where fully slagged off by me , I unlike you I  see the wrongs that some supporters get up to ,    No matter who they support .

Tit for tat is stupid , A situation practiced by simple people ,

Not entirely truthful that is it Humble Jud?.

For example on the thread about the racist fan at Hillsborough you came on wrongly ranting that you had been called a racist and then went on to ask imply someone needed permission to post a photo out of the local papers on here. THAT was your only contribution to that thread.

Tit for tat is your favourite simple game.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Alextopman said:

Then when everyone on the thread tells him how wrong he is he isn't so humble at all and disappears.

He does that a lot and not just on football threads.😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Alextopman said:

Saw it earlier was thinking of posting a thread on it.

How thick are these people?.

They'll get a ban from the ground and deserve it.

With the bad press on incidents like this recently you really would think (hope) that people would learn, sadly not.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Alextopman said:

Saw it earlier was thinking of posting a thread on it.

How thick are these people?.

They'll get a ban from the ground and deserve it.

And do they should.