Sheffield Wednesday V Bristol City

Another win can someone tell Humble Jud.

20 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

He sent off one of our players!!!

But you won ,so he was a good ref  :rolleyes:.  From what I've heard he was lucky not to be set off for the first card .

3 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

But you won ,so he was a good ref  :rolleyes:.  From what I've heard he was lucky not to be set off for the first card .

Indeed.

2 hours ago, hackey lad said:

Not a chance that the first card was a red. Professional foul to stop an attack with plenty of cover. Textbook yellow.

That’s not what I heard. It’s what I saw.

The second could have been a straight red. As it was, the advantage played left us with 11 men for an extra four minutes.

Very good performance today, if we do go down it wont be without a fight, really good ref who let the game flow and end to end stuff against a decent Bristol side, Ugbo, Poveda and Valentin were the standouts.

Wednesday did well 1st half, got a lot of joy down the sides and profited from a couple of decent balls into the box, gave a soft goal away from a set peice yet again and Bernard got caught fast asleep for his 1st yellow card.

2nd half was a lot more even but bristol rarely troubled the keeper, they did stem Wednesdays raids down the flanks, but it never looked in the bag and Bernards 2nd rush of blood meant an uncomfortable last 15 minutes where the Owls struggled to get out of their own half as the visitors piled on the pressure, Smith was sent through to seal the points but fluffed a 1 v 1 with the keeper late in stoppage time which in the end didnt matter. 

Good win for the Owls, only 4 points from safety, if Stoke can slip up a few times, maybe QPR too the maybe the owls can get the additional 1 win and 1 draw to overtake them.

Huddersfield, bit of a bogey team for the owls so I wouldn't hold out for any favours from them

1 hour ago, rogets said:

Good win for the Owls, only 4 points from safety, if Stoke can slip up a few times, maybe QPR too the maybe the owls can get the additional 1 win and 1 draw to overtake them.

Huddersfield, bit of a bogey team for the owls so I wouldn't hold out for any favours from them

Cant give the rest of the Championship a 10 game start and expect to be anywhere else than playing catch up. Rohls done well with a squad that doesnt really match his intended style of play, an indication of too many managerial changes, a squad thats a mish mash, but theyve adapted for the large part.

Heard from a reliable source that Wednesday are looking at a replacement for Bannan, Colombatto from spanish football.

I hope Colombatto can work hard, tackle and pass, as he doesn't seem to do much else.

I assume it's Santiago Colombatto?

After saying that, he's Oviedo's most valuable player ....€4.5m ....

53 minutes ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

Contracts up in June, maybe someone at the club knows his agent 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

Pretty sure hes on loan to Oviedo from Leon where he cant get into the 1st team

• Like 1