Alex Navalny Dies In Prison

Makes a change from the usual "accidentally fell out of a 9th floor window" story... they're clearly getting more inventive in their assassination attempts.

1 hour ago, HallamGirl said:

Makes a change from the usual "accidentally fell out of a 9th floor window" story... they're clearly getting more inventive in their assassination attempts.

I like your post, it’s made me laugh.!

It does Putin no harm, he wants to be hated by the West, what can anyone outside Russia do? The answer is nothing at all, his demise must come from within Russia, it needs some smart arse who purports to love Putin to put the knife in his back, and then we end up with another Putin. It needs someone with an army behind him/her, don’t hold your breath.

I thought two years ago that the sanctions would have made life very uncomfortable for the Russians and the demise of Putin would have come from some form of uprising within the country itself. 

19 minutes ago, abbeyedges said:

I thought two years ago that the sanctions would have made life very uncomfortable for the Russians and the demise of Putin would have come from some form of uprising within the country itself. 

Ah yes, the sanctions. Well they've had little to no effect and the pipe dream that there will be an internal uprising and 'Pootin' will be replaced is just that.

A pipe dream. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Ah yes, the sanctions. Well they've had little to no effect and the pipe dream that there will be an internal uprising and 'Pootin' will be replaced is just that.

A pipe dream. 

Yes it seems that way.

• Like 1

More chance of the Tories winning the next general election and Sheffield United avoiding relegation than Putin losing in the Russian elections in March.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Zinger549 said:

Russian opposition politician Alexei Navalny dead, says prison service.  Went for a walk and felt unwell

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-68316979

He should never have drank the glowing tea..

The mainstream 'news' don't half make me laugh.

To hear them talk you'd think we are getting ready to invade Russia over this. For all anyone knows he died of natural causes or had am undiagnosed condition or had an accident etc etc. 

One comment on Talk Radio that really made me laugh was a statement from some woman saying the whole world should stand up against putin and make him pay (or words to that effect) 

Ha! You first love. 🤣

• Like 1

Can’t we offer Mr Putin a leading role as the arch villain in the next Bond film?😃

See how James handles the situation!

It makes me want to turn the clock back to the 1985-91 era of Mikhail Gorbachev when someone with some common sense was in charge of the USSR.

echo.

• Like 1

Just now, echo beach said:

Can’t we offer Mr Putin a leading role as the arch villain in the next Bond film?😃

See how James handles the situation!

It makes me want to turn the clock back to the 1985-91 era of Mikhail Gorbachev when someone with some common sense was in charge of the USSR.

echo.

Maybe we should go back to that Era but this time NATO and America should stick to their promise of 'not one step east' then none of this unpleasantness would have happened in the 1st place. 🙂