Bike Stabilisers For Adults

Have you bought any, plenty advertised on e bay, but undecided whether they will fit, no dimensions given.

An attempt to get my wife riding a bike. Without stabilisers she's great at falling off

Watch out in the Spring if you are riding on the Monsal Trail !

Actually ignore that link. I just checked availability and saw this 

Screenshot_20240211-214620_Brave.jpg

5 minutes ago, Runningman said:

Have you bought any, plenty advertised on e bay, but undecided whether they will fit, no dimensions given.

An attempt to get my wife riding a bike. Without stabilisers she's great at falling off

Get a tandem . :thumbsup:

Just now, hackey lad said:

If his missus is planning on riding on bike trails a tandem might be a bit cumbersome.

1 minute ago, The_DADDY said:

If his missus is planning on riding on bike trails a tandem might be a bit cumbersome.

Be reight .

5 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Be reight .

Be interesting 🤣

The way most practice now is with a balance bike which you can achieve tempoarily by taking of the chain and cranks.
Once push off and and stability is achieved then a single gear bike to practice pedalling before going onto a geared bike.

If balance is an issue you can get a trike

1 hour ago, hackey lad said:

Not a bad idea, hackey. Tandems were very popular in the 1930s when my parents were members of the Grove Cycling Club based around Ecclesall Road. I have lots of photos of them and other couples on holiday on their tandems in such places as Devon and Cornwall.

There is also the option of a recumbent cycle or tandem.

echo.

1 hour ago, Runningman said:

As a cyclist myself who's taught several people how to ride, she may benefit from the simplicity of a (push) scooter first, to develop her centripetal balance. Stabilisers tend to create a reliance on them for stability. That's why balance bikes have become so popular for children.

18 minutes ago, echo beach said:

Not a bad idea, hackey. Tandems were very popular in the 1930s when my parents were members of the Grove Cycling Club based around Ecclesall Road. I have lots of photos of them and other couples on holiday on their tandems in such places as Devon and Cornwall.

There is also the option of a recumbent cycle or tandem.

echo.

How long did it take them to ride to Cornwall ?