London Chemical Attack

Just now, Resident said:

It's not ignoring it. It's specifically asking. 

Irrelevant. You can't detain and deport without considering the asylum claim first. Then if the claim is refused, it's likely to have appeal rights which means you can't keep detaining. 

7 hours ago, hackey lad said:

Never miss an opportunity to blame someone else .

It must be 12 years of Conservative government rubbing off on me.

• Haha 1

My question is why is this animal still in the UK? 

Because this country is run by do-gooders, just look at most of the crimes that are committed here and decide for yourself just who's committing them.

18 minutes ago, vmam said:

Because this country is run by do-gooders, just look at most of the crimes that are committed here and decide for yourself just who's committing them.

Thing is the do gooders disappear when this kind of things happen.

• Like 1

Crikey, he looks a heartbreaker.  Do criminal parasites all use the same barber?

I hope the human rights lawyer who advised him to try and fool the kind hearted UK into believing he had become a changed man, never has the misfortune of one of their loved ones blinded by acid from a person who shouldn't be roaming the streets.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, peak4 said:

Here you go
https://archive.is/8U1lz

For future reference; I did post it on another thread, insert    archive.is/     in between https//:  and www.~ of the original URL
Is someone else has already archived it, then the resulting page might be available from behind the paywall; you can also archive links yourself, but sometimes it takes several hours to process and return a URL.

As for why his application for asylum was granted, after his previous conviction, seems very odd to me.
It's possible that he would have faced the death penalty for something if returned from whence he came.
I think this would make it impossible to deport him under our laws, had his application been rejected; in which case it might have seemed reasonable to accept him at the time.

On the other hand, if rejected and the deportation country refused to accept them back, capital punishment issues or or not, and that return country refused to let a deportee off the plane, how can we deport them?
He is apparently Afghani, so there might not be much leverage available, between us and the government there.
I can't offer a solution personally which would be totally effective.
Maybe tell any country which won't accept someone back, that we will refuse visas for any of their nationals until they accede to our request.

My bold:   That is,  in my opinion,  a surprisingly good answer to this problem which seems to crop up more and more frequently.

1 hour ago, vmam said:

Men.

What is it with the powers that be that run this country, why has Parliament not brought in a law saying they will deport people like this. I am not bothered what happens to him if he is deported, he was given the chance to make a new life here and he abused it. I have said for years after reading other stories like this why have the Government not made it a law that anyone granted asylum will be deported if they commit serious crimes no second chance, also serial offenders for less serious crimes told that on a second offence they would be deported. We have too many do-gooders in this country who will be saying yes but if he is deported he might get hurt. Tough s**t far better it is him than some women being sexually assaulted, I wonder if the people that allowed him to stay are able to sleep knowing what they have caused his victims to go through. End of rant.

• Like 3

Apparently it's a rather common practice in Afghanistan so expect more on our streets.

Every day, you hear that somebody's thrown acid at a girl's face … or they poison their water.” There were at least 185 documented attacks on schools and hospitals in Afghanistan last year, according to the United Nations. The majority were attributed to armed groups opposed to girls' education.

1 minute ago, Al Bundy said:

Apparently it's a rather common practice in Afghanistan so expect more on our streets.

Every day, you hear that somebody's thrown acid at a girl's face … or they poison their water.” There were at least 185 documented attacks on schools and hospitals in Afghanistan last year, according to the United Nations. The majority were attributed to armed groups opposed to girls' education.

“Some of the reasons women have been subjected to acid attacks include rejecting marriage proposals, giving birth to daughters instead of sons, and not bringing enough dowry to their in-laws' houses,

Very common in Pakistan,India and. Bangladesh.

1 minute ago, Al Bundy said:

“Some of the reasons women have been subjected to acid attacks include rejecting marriage proposals, giving birth to daughters instead of sons, and not bringing enough dowry to their in-laws' houses,

Very common in Pakistan,India and. Bangladesh.

https://www.cnn.com/2015/07/04/asia/afghanistan-schoolgirls-acid-attack/index.html