Barber Shops In Sheffield

Has anyone else noticed a particular increase in barber shops around the city? For example, in Crosspool, there are now 2, 3 on Crookes and 5 in Broomhill, as well as several popping up around the city centre, such as the top of Church Street and on Leopold Street. Barber's shops are great, it's nice that men have an outlet just as us ladies have outlets with salons. I am however puzzled why there are so many sprouting up so close to each other. What's more, some of them never seem to have any customers but have very expensive looking fittings. I have seen commentary elsewhere in the country about affluent towns and villages having a plethora of barber's shops sprouting up yet sat empty with expensive cars parked outside. What's everyone else's thoughts? 

Edited by Irene Swaine
  • Like 2

Barber shops, nail salons, car washes and quite a few takeaways are fronts for organised crime and money laundering. It's ridiculous how many barber shops there are at Woodseats. There's about 10 in the space of half a mile.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Irene Swaine said:

Has anyone else noticed a particular increase in barber shops around the city? For example, in Crosspool, there are now 2, 3 on Crookes and 5 in Broomhill, as well as several popping up around the city centre, such as the top of Church Street and on Leopold Street. Barber's shops are great, it's nice that men have an outlet just as us ladies have outlets with salons. I am however puzzled why there are so many sprouting up so close to each other. What's more, some of them never seem to have any customers but have very expensive looking fittings. I have seen commentary elsewhere in the country about affluent towns and villages having a plethora of barber's shops sprouting up yet sat empty with expensive cars parked outside. What's everyone else's thoughts? 

It’s a cut throat business Irene. 😉

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Irene Swaine said:

It's same in Eckington, within 100 yards there's around five barbershops with no customers. Don't the police find this strange ?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, crookesey said:

It’s a cut throat business Irene. 😉

I thought you said deepthroat when I first read that hehe, prosecco goggles!

30 minutes ago, vmam said:

It's same in Eckington, within 100 yards there's around five barbershops with no customers. Don't the police find this strange ?

I reckon a lot of struggling businesses would like to know their secret.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

I thought you said deepthroat when I first read that hehe, prosecco goggles!

I reckon a lot of struggling businesses would like to know their secret.

When the mega attractive, well made up, dressed to kill lady barber asks you if you want ‘the full business’, for God’s sake don’t answer “just give it a full shearing luv”, :gag:

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, vmam said:

The Police don't seem think most things are 'Strange' Such as shoplifting, illegal motorcycles, burglary...Crime in general! (The list would have been long)

They are excellent at giving crime reference numbers out (when you can get through) And excuses as to why they 'can't' do something.

• Like 3