Facebook Market Place: Unuseable?

Its becoming just unuseable: there are very few indepenedt sales on there , most are traders, which i find surprising on

a classified listing site, there are also huge amount of scammers: they say they live here but don't, etc, especially with PC stuff,

phones, etc. I have got bargains there but less and less. I wish S/F listings were fully active again, got my old car, etc on here, never ripped off once.

Edited by gamezone07
  • Like 1

I used to sell the odd item on Marketplace but it's not worth the hassle of dealing with plankton.

I don't think I ever received a message that didn't have a spelling mistake, a rather sad reflection on modern society.

I had a bike for sale at 300 pounds one time and some dullard said..

" Will swap yer sum model cars that are wurf a 1000"

On enquiring as to why he didn't sell them to raise the 1000, he replied...

" I ain't nicked em yet"

😂

• Haha 1

The way Facebook Market place is going Sheffield Forum could be missing a trick by leaving the classifieds as it is.

I'd definitely sell on here. 

Market place is rubbish these days and an alternative would be great.

I would definitely sell on here, in fact I didn't realise there was a classified section until a short while ago.

I miss the old classified ads in the Star. All you had to do was to jot your advert down and take it into the office with a couple of bob.

It all went downhill when they started taking ads over the phone.

3 minutes ago, Prettytom said:

I miss the old classified ads in the Star. All you had to do was to jot your advert down and take it into the office with a couple of bob.

3 minutes ago, Prettytom said:

Yeah and charging a fortune free adds magazine was the best ever for buying and selling !

The old SF For Sale/Swap section was excellent and easy to navigate to the type of item you wanted. Always seemed busy. I know I bought and sold a fair number of PC/electronics items on there.

I'll not hold my breath for it, or anything else people have suggested getting done by the new owners!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, zach said:

The old SF For Sale/Swap section was excellent and easy to navigate to the type of item you wanted. Always seemed busy. I know I bought and sold a fair number of PC/electronics items on there.

I'll not hold my breath for it, or anything else people have suggested getting done by the new owners!

Its still there but under used .  Bit like this place .

• Haha 1

Just now, hackey lad said:

Its still there but under used .  Bit like this place .

True.

The layout of the newer version did seem to kill the For Sale section off.

I keep saying I'll have a massive clear out of PC's, PC Parts etc. Can't be arsed with Gumtree idiots (not all idiots, just 99% of them) and I don't/won't use facebook.

The place is full of scammers and chavs

With absolutely no consumer protection 

Avoid it like a grab a granny night in Rotherham 

15 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

I would definitely sell on here, in fact I didn't realise there was a classified section until a short while ago.

Please start doing so, I used to buy pc stuff at great prices from amember when he was upgrading(still got my trusty 2070 rtx,

saved me during price infation in lock down), i want to get a 3080, but the FB prices are ridiculous, or scams,

What about it @SFBeca?

Any chance something can be done to revitalize the classified section?

• Like 3