Worst xmas days you ever had?

On 24/12/2023 at 07:11, MyFriendStan said:

Bet you needed a stiff drink after that.

Not half ! After that we had to go to the mortuary to check if the bodies had arrived. Would you believe it ! Dead bodies in the mortuary really did have luggage labels tied round their big toes with string with their name on !!! 

Edited by pattricia

18 hours ago, Jack Grey said:

What volume? 🤷‍♂️

The one on the radio?😆

echo.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, pattricia said:

When I was a nurse I had to work on Christmas Day. It was a geriatric ward and three patients had died. After the bodies had been certified dead by a doctor, me and another nurse had to “ lay out” the bodies ready to be taken to the mortuary.

Not a very pleasant Christmas  Day at all !,,

You were brave pattricia.

Bet you saved that job for the dead of night when the clock was striking thirteen!

echo.

20 hours ago, Rockers rule said:

Ascot blew up (yep the old white cylindrical one with the blue triangle badge) while I was in't kitchen one Christmas eve.

Ears were still ringing Christmas day

That’s reminded me Rockers of the Christmas Eve many years ago late on a night similar to this with the wind howling and a full moon shining the electric to the house suddenly cut off.

After scrambling about in the pitch black I found a torch and started lighting candles.

Went outside to see if the blackout was general throughout the village but all the other houses had lights on.

Turned out that a mouse had chewed through an electric cable in the garage, blown a fuse and met its maker in the process.

The YEB were really good and came to repair the fault so the we had a bright Christmas Day.

echo.

4 hours ago, pattricia said:

Not half ! After that we had to go to the mortuary to check if the bodies had arrived. Would you believe it ! Dead bodies in the mortuary really did have postage labels tied round their big toes with their name on !!! 

I Remember reading a story about a mortuary worker in india the guy was doing the rounds one night when one of the bodies sat up and asked for a drink of water the worker beat a hasty retreat.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, echo beach said:

Bet you saved that job for the dead of night when the clock was striking thirteen!

echo.

It's not about being brave, as a nurse it is part of your job to do last offices on a patient who has died and is one of the most important parts of your job.

During the first wave of covid when I was really ill in hospital and off work afterwards colleagues said they were doing more last offices in a shift than they would usually do in a month.

On 23/12/2023 at 19:50, The_DADDY said:

Ooooh let me think.

2 Christmas's ago my family banned me and the kids from spending Christmas with them because we're aren't jabbed and we refused to wear muzzles. 

We didn't find out we'd been banned until we arrived so we headed back home and stuck some chips in the oven. We had chips eggs and beans for Christmas dinner but hey, at least we aren't jabbed so every cloud and all that.

@Chekhov

You see?

That's how it's done. From Bad Christmas days to convid in 8 posts.

Non of that 3 page rubbish,

Amateur 🤣

Who on earth was making you wear a mask in a private house in December 2021?

a friend, a very keen bird watcher, was just about to carve the turkey when the phone rang.

Twas a mate who told him  a very rare bird had been spotted many miles away, did he want to come with his mates to view it.

The fact that my friend is still in the land of the living tells you his reply.

4 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

Who on earth was making you wear a mask in a private house in December 2021?

Extended family 🤣🤣

Although according to the kids it was 2020 not 2021. Still funny though. 😁 

18 hours ago, echo beach said:

echo.

Not brave, just part of the job.

3 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Extended family 🤣🤣

Although according to the kids it was 2020 not 2021. Still funny though. 😁 

I had family come round that year. Not a single fek was given about rules etc. 

3 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

I had family come round that year. Not a single fek was given about rules etc. 

Same for my household 👍

Ah well, it's all water under the bridge now. 

I'm happy to say we've moved on and it's in the past now.