Time For The Uk To Withdraw From The Echr

58 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

Who all operate under a system that the British government played it's part in creating.

The British government need to introduce new laws and withdraw for outdated international agreements to create a system that prevents illegal economic migrants and convicted foreign criminals from not being removed from our country.

2 hours ago, cressida said:

Well if Labour win the election they'll find out how difficult it is to cater for so many people.

Neoliberalism is contemporarily used to refer to market-oriented reform policies such as "eliminating price controls, deregulating capital markets, lowering trade barriers" and reducing, especially through privatization and austerity, state influence in the economy.

Everybody knew that didn't they?

The hypocrisy of some of the people on this forum who supported hard and sustained lockdowns during COVID who are now complaining about the economy and public services is astounding 

They know who they are 

1 hour ago, Axe said:

The British government need to introduce new laws and withdraw for outdated international agreements to create a system that prevents illegal economic migrants and convicted foreign criminals from not being removed from our country.

I agree that the laws need to be updated to take account of modern problems BUT,  I would still want our agreements to be International agreements and not Go-It-Alone British laws.

I believe our governments in recent years,  to be less trustworthy than those of tin pot dictatorships,   who will be happy to see our own citizens lose many of our rights.

They already balk at letting us have a proper written constitution and are already quite happy to flout International law at the drop of a hat.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, altus said:

I think that article is misleading. The government know they cannot deport a Brit Cit. That article says that the person is born in the UK and applied for a British passport.

Being born in the UK does not automatically mean you are British. And if he's applied for a passport and not got one yet then he is eligible to be deported. 

14 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

The hypocrisy of some of the people on this forum who supported hard and sustained lockdowns during COVID who are now complaining about the economy and public services is astounding 

They know who they are 

Other nations had lockdown  too but we are still the only one in the G7 group of nations who are officially worse off than we were before the pandemic.

I'm quite happy to know who I am without any apologies to anyone and happy to point out how other nations can recover from things that knock us back.

The reasons ?       The Tories and the number of stupid  PM's they foisted on us,   together with Brexit,  done in the very worst way possible.

It all leads to other unbelievable results such as being, the only country that can't build a railway in the 21st century.    although we showed the rest of the world how to do it 150 years ago 

Sorry,  they  CAN  do the London bit.

Edited by Organgrinder

The basic issue is about where UK law is made. Any international body is merely a creature of treaty. It has no legislative competence. Participant nations may choose, if they wish, to implement its desires by incorporating these in their own legal systems and legislation. That's all fine.

But not the foisting on unwilling participants of extra-territorial legislative demands or edicts.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jeffrey Shaw said:

The basic issue is about where UK law is made. Any international body is merely a creature of treaty. It has no legislative competence. Participant nations may choose, if they wish, to implement its desires by incorporating these in their own legal systems and legislation. That's all fine.

But not the foisting on unwilling participants of extra-territorial legislative demands or edicts.

They love EU law because it suits their narrative if allowing illegal migrants to move into new build homes that cost the taxpayer £1400 a month 

12 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

They love EU law because it suits their narrative if allowing illegal migrants to move into new build homes that cost the taxpayer £1400 a month 

Where's that cone from?

Small boat arrivals are being housed in council housing,. hotels or a floating prison. The government can't house them in private build new housing. 

5 minutes ago, Delayed said:

Where's that cone from?

Small boat arrivals are being housed in council housing,. hotels or a floating prison. The government can't house them in private build new housing. 

I'm sure you'll say this is lies because of the news source 

7 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

I'm sure you'll say this is lies because of the news source 

Doesn't appear to be lies but after the first few seconds the video is about the Home Office NOT housing migrants in new builds as they've not gone ahead with it. 

So it's not happening as I've said