Has The National Trust Lost The Plot?

Just been reading this article below where it says Christmas and Easter excluded from National Trust's ‘inclusion' calendar,  the calendar reportedly features Ramada, Diwali, and Eid, but not Christian festivals such as Christmas and Easter.

In a statement, the National Trust defended its decision which it claimed was designed to supplement their annual programming.

Furthermore, they wrote that it was part of their desire to make sure the National Trust appealed to everyone rather than a minority.

Are they saying that Christians are now a minority? I wonder how this will affect their calendar sales, seems one way of antagonising people.

Christmas and Easter excluded from National Trust's ‘inclusion' calendar (msn.com)

Fake news.

They said: "This internal guidance is specifically designed to supplement the National Trust's year-round programming that includes Christmas and Easter, which are national public holidays and which are celebrated at all properties”

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, iansheff said:

Just been reading this article below where it says Christmas and Easter excluded from National Trust's ‘inclusion' calendar,  the calendar reportedly features Ramada, Diwali, and Eid, but not Christian festivals such as Christmas and Easter.

In a statement, the National Trust defended its decision which it claimed was designed to supplement their annual programming.

Furthermore, they wrote that it was part of their desire to make sure the National Trust appealed to everyone rather than a minority.

Are they saying that Christians are now a minority? I wonder how this will affect their calendar sales, seems one way of antagonising people.

Christmas and Easter excluded from National Trust's ‘inclusion' calendar (msn.com)

Also, it is about their calendar of events, not calendars for sale. Best brush up on your reading and thinking skills by the looks of it, you've been Daily Expressed

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Delbow said:

Also, it is about their calendar of events, not calendars for sale. Best brush up on your reading and thinking skills by the looks of it, you've been Daily Expressed

I can read and think ok thank you, I did know it was their calendar of events so thank you for your sarcastic reply

33 minutes ago, iansheff said:

I can read and think ok thank you, I did know it was their calendar of events so thank you for your sarcastic reply

It's just that you said "I wonder how this will affect their calendar sales,"

• Like 1

Just another British institution that's been infested by the far left 

1 hour ago, Jack Grey said:

That should cheer you up a bit then.

2 hours ago, Jack Grey said:

I rhink you'll find the middle ground in UK politics isn't the right wing of the Tory Party or Yaxley-Lennon and thugs r'us.

Edited by Longcol

3 hours ago, Jack Grey said:

Haha, you are literally crazy. The far left.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Delbow said:

Haha, you are literally crazy. The far left.

The National Trust are a betrayal of all things truly British.

I’ve heard that Jeremy Corbyn puts the cream on his scones before the jam.

Bloody commie.

Edited by Prettytom

10 minutes ago, Prettytom said:

They National Trust are a betrayal of all things truly British.

I’ve heard that Jeremy Corbyn puts the cream on his scones before the jam.

Bloody commie.

I had a cheese and butternut squash scone at Longshaw a couple of weekends ago - they clearly hate Britain.

• Like 1

edited - i'm an idiot.

Edited by ads36