COVID THREAD

1 hour ago, SheffieldBricky said:

But I'm discussing it with you Mel. It is difficult though. Free your mind from the covidian prison.

Although I do admit none of you have blindly shouted it's MSM it's all lies for a while  to shut down debate, so fair play

Edited by melthebell

8 hours ago, Anna B said:

If new strains of covid are now going to be an annual event requiring full vaccination of the population every time, how are we going  to do it?

It's going to permanently tie up the NHS, leaving all other illnesses out in the cold.

It's just not sustainable. 

The perpetually frightened chicken littles, will need to carry a "man bag" to hold all their masks, sprays, hand rinsers, COVID passports, negative test cards,  and probably soon, a Carbon passport, a petrol ration card and a certificate from a major social media site, with 5 stars on it, proving they've never been a "denier", or at anytime associated with one.

Meeting a friend on the street, while wearing a mask, and being told, "Ya call THAT a mask?

THIS is a mask, he says, pointing to his face guard, that looks like a plastic windshield from a 1955 Triumph TRS

Mum, the kids are laughing at me, with my little white thing. I need a proper mask, like they have. We can get one on Amazon.

Lol

55 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

It was not me who bought up the US it was Longcol. He was attempting to prove that Democrat states with hasher suppression measures had better Covid stats, unfortunately it has back fired on him. ...

Which of those states are you counting as Democrat with harsher suppression measures?

ETA: Here's an article suggesting a few other variables to consider.

Edited by Guest

Guest sibon
28 minutes ago, Hecate said:

Sorry. No can do.

This is a binary issue. Masks, no masks. Jab, no jab. Lockdown, freedom. 

There's no scope for viewing anything as being interrelated, complex, or requiring expertise to interpret.

3 hours ago, Chekhov said:

Vermont has a very small population so is an outlier.

Let's examine this top ten you bought up to prove Republican states (with less draconian suppression measures) had better Covid figures than the Democrat states.

Six of the states are R, 4 are D.

For that top 10, the average death rate for the Democrat states have an average of 3175 per million, the Republican have an average of 3078.

Thoughts on that ?

But that's only like Scotland, Wales and England, the first two have had more draconian suppression figures but worst Covid figures.

Is Longcol going to answer this ?

Edited by Chekhov

1 hour ago, Hecate said:

Which of those states are you counting as Democrat with harsher suppression measures?

I'm sure there are many variables to consider, but the Democrat / Republican split is consistent with the  England v Scotland / Wales result. Even if all these suppression measures work to some minor extent, they certainly do not work well enough to warrant them considering their huge negative effects. But we come back to proportionality, which many suppressionists seem to lack. 

Did I ever get  an answer to my question as to if the Labour journalist and campaigner Mike Buckley was being proportionate when he said :

"all secondary school pupils [all 3 million of them] wearing masks would be worth it to save one life".

2 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

I'm sure there are many variables to consider, but the Democrat / Republican split is consistent with the  England v Scotland / Wales result. Even if all these suppression measures work to some minor extent, they certainly do not work well enough to warrant them considering their huge negative effects. But we come back to proportionality, which many suppressionists seem to lack. 

Did I ever get  an answer to my question as to if the Labour journalist and campaigner Mike Buckley was being proportionate when he said :

"all secondary school pupils [all 3 million of them] wearing masks would be worth it to save one life".

You didn't answer my question.  It's related to the one you've just asked Longcol to answer.

3 hours ago, Chekhov said:

Not all of these "experts" agree with this suppresison strategy anyway, so get your facts right first.

But you misunderstand where these people are coming from. Whitty is only really bothered about Covid stats, that is his job. He is not bothered about the economy or the damage to society. You are only listening to one side of this and ignoring the other.

I forgot to mention the other reason why these "experts" are so effin'  overcautious. They don't want to be blamed if there is a big wave, and as they are not on the hook for the collateral damage of restrictions, they recommend harsh actions.

18 minutes ago, Hecate said:

You didn't answer my question.  It's related to the one you've just asked Longcol to answer.

What exactly was your question ?

Edited by Chekhov

6 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

I forgot to mention the other reason why these "experts" are so effin'  overcautious. They don't want to be blamed if there is a big wave, and as they are not on the hook for the collateral damage of restrictions, they recommend harsh actions.

What exactly was your question ?

It’s good to see that you recognise the various considerations of Science/Politicians/Businesses.

However,this truth has not escaped most people.

So we hover somewhere between effin overcaution,effin fecklessness,and effin recklessness depending on your point of view.

On 16/12/2021 at 22:22, Longcol said:

There are also Republican state governers doing their damndest to implement any sort of restrictions.

On 16/12/2021 at 22:35, Longcol said:

Which is why 7 out of 10 states with the highest death rate per head of population (including the top 2) have Republican governors.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Go down to the list of states - click on the "deaths 1m population" heading and use wiki to check the governor.

2 hours ago, Hecate said:

It was Longcol who was implying that Republican states had fewer restrictions, and I thought he was right anyway. I'm just providing data which indicates it is not having much of an effect either way.

Edited by Chekhov

4 hours ago, Chekhov said:

Apparently they are thinking of having a "circuit breaker" lockdown after Xmas. I shall be 100% ignoring it.

These irrationally fearful people can stay at home on their own behind the sofa, I will not, they can **** off.

Where will you go ?