COVID THREAD

I thought all you suppressionists say (when it's pointed out England has better Covid figures than Scotland or Wales despite the fact they had a mask mandate and vaccine passports when we did not) that stats like that do not prove anything, apparently, because "correlation is not causation".

I cannot be arsed to check up on your figures, though I would like to know how much worse the death rate is, if it isn't much I'd rather have that but a better life.

Last point, but possibly the most significant, if Omicron really is as infectious as they say then all these suppression measures (other than a Chinese style lockdown, which would never fly here, esp now) are a waste of time anyway.

12 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Have you told the Government this ?

I'm sure they know it, but we are stuck in a cycle of fear. Government frighten the population, frightened population demand more "protection", government oblige, and so it goes on, and on, and on, and on.

Edited by Chekhov

1 minute ago, SheffieldBricky said:

There's fear all over the place and it's turning people into, well, fascists. How many times do we have to read someone talking about putting healthy people in concentration camps? Or the glee when an unvaccinated person gets covid.

There's even one nut job on here who said the unvaccinated should be put in a camp and purposely infected with covid. Fear drives it all, they are afraid. They ignore evidence and attack the source or the member. It's fear.

Who has mentioned concentration camps ?

There's fear all over the place and it's turning people into, well, fascists

3 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Who has mentioned concentration camps ?

He is right, and, what is so ironic, is they don't even realise it. Anything is possible, who would have thought, one year ago, that the would be vaccinating kids (who are at pretty much zero risk from Covid), would bring in vaccine passports, and told "we must have a national conversation" about compulsory vaccination.

All this would be dystopian enough if vaccines stopped people getting infected and with a genuinely dangerous virus (say a 1 in 20 death rate and it really was indiscriminate), but neither is true. Madness.

Edited by Chekhov

1 minute ago, Chekhov said:

There's fear all over the place and it's turning people into, well, fascists

He is right, and, what is so ironic, is they don't even realise it.

Concentration camps ?

4 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Concentration camps ?

see post 868....

1 hour ago, Chekhov said:

I cannot be arsed to check up on your figures, though I would like to know how much worse the death rate is, if it isn't much I'd rather have that but a better life.

Highest death rate is Mississippi 3.5k per million.

10th place West Virginia 2.9k per million - so Mississippi 20% higher than WV.

USA average 2.5k per million - so Mississippi  40% higher than average.

Last place Vermont 0.7k per million - so Mississippi 500% higher than lowest state.

23 minutes ago, SheffieldBricky said:

There's fear all over the place and it's turning people into, well, fascists. How many times do we have to read someone talking about putting healthy people in concentration camps?

We don't apart from some of the more crazy Trump fan boys - they're the ones who fantasize about it most.

1 hour ago, ab6262 said:

really??? its not me running around like chicken licken saying the sky is going to fall in, is it?

Like I said, hysterical.

Now, please feel free to include several more question marks in your reply, just to, y'know,  really get your point across.

10 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

I see the brains trust is in tonight 

In the run up to the second world war the Nazis encouraged ordinary Germans to hate Jews. They were dangerous, they spread disease, they were stupid and they were the enemy within. 

Go look in the mirror mate.

25 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

... I tell every person I can what madness this is, I don't need any protection of a keyboard. The only reason I waste time doing this is we all have a responsibility to do everything we possibly can to get over this irrational insanity.

That must be a real comfort to all the irrationally fearful insane cowards.   Such compassion is truly inspiring.  Thank you.

2 minutes ago, SheffieldBricky said:

In the run up to the second world war the Nazis encouraged ordinary Germans to hate Jews. They were dangerous, they spread disease, they were stupid and they were the enemy within. 

Go look in the mirror mate.

You were the one who posted about concentration camps 

32 minutes ago, SheffieldBricky said:

There's fear all over the place and it's turning people into, well, fascists. How many times do we have to read someone talking about putting healthy people in concentration camps? Or the glee when an unvaccinated person gets covid.

There's even one nut job on here who said the unvaccinated should be put in a camp and purposely infected with covid. Fear drives it all, they are afraid. They ignore evidence and attack the source or the member. It's fear.

I asked you who had mentioned them . Its not hard