COVID THREAD

Chekhov said : The Times 21 Feb 21 p7 :

"Little to fear when jabbed"

Doctors have said that a fully vaccinated Covid-19 patient of the Queen's age [ 95 ! ] has little to fear from the virus. Dr Mark Porter, an NHS GP and a columnist for The Times, report that "nearly all older my triple vaccinated patients have shrugged off Omicron within week".

As many of us have been saying for months care home residents, in fact pretty much everybody, is far more likely to due of something other than Covid, so why aren't care homes back to 2019 normal then ?

2 hours ago, RJRB said:

What are the current rules in care homes?

If there's Covid in them you cannot visit, and I have been told the residents are forced to stay in their rooms (can anyone confirm that ?).

All visitors (as well as staff) have to wear face masks and aprons and be tested before entry is allowed.

Dr Porter confirms this is all utter cobblers.

3 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

Bold.

I hear there's now a 4th jab the old and 'vulnerable ' need to take.

4th Jab was, 

so last year TD 2021 :banana:

Edited by steve68

No they haven't. Labour have been even more keen on draconian suppression of our lives and forcing us to wear masks than the Tories. In fact as I am writing this Starmer is on the radio saying we should not be going back to normal.

B******s to Starmer and Labour I say, I will never vote for them again.

6 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Labours not in government 

That is irrelevant, they want to keep suppressing us, unless, of course, you are saying that because Labour are in opposition they should oppose the government even if the government are right. But, of course, Labour HAVE been supporting the government every time there has been any votes over keeping suppression going or even increasing it. Almost incredibly Labour voted with the government (when the hero 100 Tories rebelled against Covid Passports) and ensured the government were not defeated.

No, they are all guilty of keeping this going about 9 months longer than they should have done, it should all have ended in May 2021, but Labour are even more guilty than the Tories. And I for one will never forget it.

Edited by Chekhov

3 minutes ago, steve68 said:

4th Jab was, 

so last year 

Snipped 

Not for everyone. Some people were switched on enough to not have a single 1.

8 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Not for everyone. Some people were switched on enough to not have a single 1.

Sadly some of those will have been switched off,

permanently.

Edited by steve68

Guest makapaka

Great news today in the government announcement.

glad to see back of these last 2 years.

1 hour ago, Chekhov said:

No they haven't. Labour have been even more keen on draconian suppression of our lives and forcing us to wear masks than the Tories. In fact as I am writing this Starmer is on the radio saying we should not be going back to normal.

B******s to Starmer and Labour I say, I will never vote for them again.

That is irrelevant, they want to keep suppressing us, unless, of course, you are saying that because Labour are in opposition they should oppose the government even if the government are right. But, of course, Labour HAVE been supporting the government every time there has been any votes over keeping suppression going or even increasing it. Almost incredibly Labour voted with the government (when the hero 100 Tories rebelled against Covid Passports) and ensured the government were not defeated.

No, they are all guilty of keeping this going about 9 months longer than they should have done, it should all have ended in May 2021, but Labour are even more guilty than the Tories. And I for one will never forget it.

As a matter of interest what were your main reasons for voting Labour in the past.

1 hour ago, makapaka said:

Great news today in the government announcement.

glad to see back of these last 2 years.

Yes it is now down to individual responsibility,and I think the foregoing illustrates how this might be interpreted across the general population.

Whoopee

3 hours ago, Chekhov said:

Chekhov said : The Times 21 Feb 21 p7 :

"Little to fear when jabbed"

If there's Covid in them you cannot visit, and I have been told the residents are forced to stay in their rooms (can anyone confirm that ?).

All visitors (as well as staff) have to wear face masks and aprons and be tested before entry is allowed.

Dr Porter confirms this is all utter cobblers.

I thought that you had first hand knowledge of one care home.

Are visitors required to wear a mask in the communal areas at the moment and if so will this change after Thursday.