COVID THREAD

2 hours ago, Padders said:

I never visit this thread Hackey.

I'm only here because I saw your post, and I never like to miss a word (or two) of wisdom :thumbsup:

Almost always just one word.

Sometimes simply :thumbsup:

11 hours ago, Chekhov said:

Not sure what you mean.

Did you want me to stop reminding people that I was banned from SF for telling the truth during Covid ?

Why would you want me to be quiet about that ?

Or did you want me to stop pointing out to people that there were less damaging and oppressive alternatives to suppressing the whole of society, and/or reminding people just how much  twisted truth was put our way during the madness ?

Why would you want me to be quiet about that ?

To which I would reply there is an industry ensuring (quite rightly) that we never forget about the holocaust to try and ensure it is not repeated. In the same way we should also never forget what they did to us (for a virus 99% of people were surviving and with an average age of death in the early 80s.....).

You suffer from confirmation bias.

it’s understandable in this day and age - we all have a bit of it.

Yours is a bit off the scale tho.

maybe spend an hour looking at both sides of an argument.

9 hours ago, Mkapaka said:

You suffer from confirmation bias.

it’s understandable in this day and age - we all have a bit of it.

Yours is a bit off the scale tho.
maybe spend an hour looking at both sides of an argument.

I suffer from "confirmation bias" ?

And you lot who apparently still think they did the right thing (suppressing society for the first time in history, and for a virus 99% of people were surviving) don't ? ! ?

Tell me, is there any thing they did which, with the benefit of hindsight, you, and the other suppressionists, now think they perhaps should not have done ?

Shutting schools for 7 months ?

Forcing people to wear masks (even school kids) ?

Fining people for meeting other people ?

Paying people (even those at minimal risk from Covid) 80% of their salary for sitting on their arses ?

Maybe I have missed one you now think was OTT ?

5 hours ago, Chekhov said:

Tell me, is there any thing they did which, with the benefit of hindsight, you, and the other suppressionists, now think they perhaps should not have done ?

Yes - of course. 

and you are wrong to assume everyone else all have the same contrary opinion.

there doesn’t have to be only 2 view points and you have to be one or the other. I’m nor more a suppressionist then you are a sociopath who was happy to put people at risk. 

it’s another area where you appear to struggle - particularly on this topic.

30 minutes ago, Mkapaka said:

>>Chekhov said:
Tell me, is there any thing they did which, with the benefit of hindsight, you, and the other suppressionists, now think they perhaps should not have done ?<<

Yes - of course. 

You have piqued my interest here.

Which of the many restrictions on our freedoms do you now think, with the benefit of hindsight, was unwarranted or disproportionate ?

6 hours ago, Chekhov said:

You have piqued my interest here.

Which of the many restrictions on our freedoms do you now think, with the benefit of hindsight, was unwarranted or disproportionate ?

There were all sorts of bats stuff done. 

remember when you could go in the pub and drink with half a dozen of your mates whilst half a dozen of some other lads sat a yard from you - but then when you went to toilet you had to put a mask on. 

when they randomly widened pavements.

when you could go in a supermarket to buy food but not buy kids clothes.

all sorts of bats initiatives.

the useless thing on your phone that beeped cos you walked past someone and was supposed to leave you in isolation for 2 weeks at mass expense 

9 hours ago, Mkapaka said:

There were all sorts of bats stuff done. 

remember when you could go in the pub and drink with half a dozen of your mates whilst half a dozen of some other lads sat a yard from you - but then when you went to toilet you had to put a mask on. 

when they randomly widened pavements.

when you could go in a supermarket to buy food but not buy kids clothes.

all sorts of bats initiatives.

the useless thing on your phone that beeped cos you walked past someone and was supposed to leave you in isolation for 2 weeks at mass expense 

So, just to check I have this right, in answer to the question "which of the many restrictions on our freedoms do you now think, with the benefit of hindsight, was unwarranted or disproportionate ?", are you saying there were too many restrictions on who we could meet and how we could meet them ? Plus the masks edict went too far ?

40 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

So, just to check I have this right, in answer to the question "which of the many restrictions on our freedoms do you now think, with the benefit of hindsight, was unwarranted or disproportionate ?", are you saying there were too many restrictions on who we could meet and how we could meet them ? Plus the masks edict went too far ?

No I think some of them were unwarranted and disproportionate.

23 hours ago, Chekhov said:

I suffer from "confirmation bias" ?

And you lot who apparently still think they did the right thing (suppressing society for the first time in history, and for a virus 99% of people were surviving) don't ? ! ?

Shutting schools for 7 months ?

Forcing people to wear masks (even school kids) ?

Fining people for meeting other people ?

Paying people (even those at minimal risk from Covid) 80% of their salary for sitting on their arses ?

Maybe I have missed one you now think was OTT ?

You were right, it's all political, "not a shred of science."..

"A political decision from external forces"...