COVID THREAD

I love that covid " skeptics" are so woefully unskeptical of any amount of ludicrous guff out there.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, pfifes said:

Ooo be careful around 5G masts

I'm thinking about giving my phone number out  :thumbsup:

Unfortunately we live in a time when our government deems it necessary to silence or censor certain people.

Why is that?

Check out the Trusted News Initiative, most media, or maybe all, signed up to this because the government wanted them all singing from the same hymn sheet.

Why is that?

Trusted News Initiative, explained, short 3 min video....

It became clear during the pandemic that certain scientists were censored and silenced, check out the Great Barrington Declaration, it was signed by Doctors, Scientists and members of the public because they wanted to hear an alternative voice, not one spouted continuously by the media.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Axel said:

Unfortunately we live in a time when our government deems it necessary to silence or censor certain people.

Why is that?

Check out the Trusted News Initiative, most media, or maybe all, signed up to this because the government wanted them all singing from the same hymn sheet.

Why is that?

Trusted News Initiative, explained, short 3 min video....

It became clear during the pandemic that certain scientists were censored and silenced, check out the Great Barrington Declaration, it was signed by Doctors, Scientists and members of the public because they wanted to hear an alternative voice, not one spouted continuously by the media.

Mr Banana Rama, one of the signatories of the GBD , said “It is a load of old carp. Anyone can sign it, and it was a very dangerous strategy anyway”

Other signatories, Dr Johnny Fartpants and Dr Notaf Uckingclue were unavailable for comment.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Organgrinder said:

Watched half of it and can't believe there are people who believe it.

Never heard such rubbish and he seems a little obsessed with the USA too.  Maybe because he'll find no shortage of cranks over there.

If people choose to believe people like him,  I agree they're entitled but don't know how they expect to convince others on such made up and flimsy evidence.

I also wonder how it is that the same people who agree with one conspiracy theory,  always turn out to agree with all the other conspiracy theory's too.

Sorry but I could never believe that and,  though I tried,  I couldn't even bring myself to watch the rest of the video.

Many years ago when I was young,  we sometimes saw a rubbish comedy film and said  "It was too daft to laugh at".      That's exactly how I felt with this.

If I was still younger, I would have been afraid to go out of the house.

I note though that Dr Coleman states ‘I am a qualified doctor and registered to practice’.  I also understand he still sees patients privately so there are plenty with confidence in him.

3 minutes ago, pfifes said:

I note though that Dr Coleman states ‘I am a qualified doctor and registered to practice’.  I also understand he still sees patients privately so there are plenty with confidence in him.

Hmmmmmmmmm
https://www.gmc-uk.org/doctors/6121681

Your missing the point Pretty......

Its all about the censorship of three scientists...
Scientists and Doctors were censored and silenced denying millions who wanted to hear the other perspective.

The TNI guaranteed that ...no pesky minions to ask questions about lockdowns, suicides, damage to childrens education, damage to small businesses,  etc. ....

As Jay Battacharya  (professor of medicine, economics, and health research policy at Stanford University) and one of the Great Barrington Declaration authors said at the beginning..." It was the working class that primarily suffered"

"Embattled Stanford Professor of Medicine Jay Bhattacharya: ‘Academic freedom is dead’ "

“When you take a position that is at odds with the scientific clerisy, your life becomes a living hell,” Bhattacharya said Saturday at an Academic Freedom Conference hosted at the Stanford Graduate School of Business. “You face a deeply hostile work environment.”

7 minutes ago, peak4 said:

Well he’s claiming he is still registered to practice and apparently has patients.  
It is interesting though that although he has some outlandish ideas he does also sometimes talk sense:

‘many doctors prescribe anti-hypertensive drugs for patients whose problems could, perhaps, be resolved if they simply ate less fat, lost weight and took exercise’

‘The doctor should listen, listen and listen. Very often a good doctor can learn more from talking and listening than from examining. High-tech medicine is all very well, but just listening is still crucial. And many doctors don't find the time to listen’

’the over-use of antibiotics is probably causing the biggest problems with the emergence of many resistant bugs.’

2 minutes ago, pfifes said:

Well he’s claiming he is still registered to practice and apparently has patients.  
It is interesting though that although he has some outlandish ideas he does also sometimes talk sense:

‘many doctors prescribe anti-hypertensive drugs for patients whose problems could, perhaps, be resolved if they simply ate less fat, lost weight and took exercise’

‘The doctor should listen, listen and listen. Very often a good doctor can learn more from talking and listening than from examining. High-tech medicine is all very well, but just listening is still crucial. And many doctors don't find the time to listen’

’the over-use of antibiotics is probably causing the biggest problems with the emergence of many resistant bugs.’

The link in the post you quote proves he isn't.