COVID THREAD

10 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

Excellent news, the radio has just said  90% of infections in the UK are Omicron.

I want to catch Omicron !

Who wouldn't as it's between 2X and 5X less deadly ! !

You might get it for your birthday now Christmas is gone.

18 minutes ago, RJRB said:

You might get it for your birthday now Christmas is gone.

Can't wait !

Seriously, I am not that concerned about catching Covid, apart from all the isolating, that will **** me off big time. But once I've had it (assuming I haven't had it and I am susceptible to it) I would have thought I'd be even more relaxed about life.

1 hour ago, spilldig said:

We can't get there at 8 or any other time at ours because you can't go up there without an appointment. Locked up like Fort Knox due to covid.  You can't book an appointment on line because they're not accepting appointments on line so you have to ring at 8 and hope you don't get cut off in the queue. As you say system broke.

Been told to try again tomorrow , I hope they treated the old Duke of Edinburgh and the rest of the Country's leaders better than us prolls are treated.

Guest sibon

It is time to get tough on these criminals:

1 hour ago, Chekhov said:

Excellent news, the radio has just said  90% of infections in the UK are Omicron.

Find somone with a mild cold, sorry I mean omicron then lick them like a lollypop. That should do the trick. 

Disclaimer... Seek permission before licking 👍

I think you'll find they were Anti Vaccine Passport protestors, if you check out their banners.

More on vaccine passports here:

What happens to the housebound people with regard to  testing? There are no LF tests available for home delivery when you  try to  order online via the government NHS website. They just advise you to collect a testing  kit from a local pharmacy - but how do you even  get to a local  pharmacy you are disabled and housebound? Even if the housebound person does manage to get a  relative to try to pick up a test kit from a pharmacy, none of the pharmacies  have the supplies in anyway! Basically - if you are a housebound person who has been exposed to someone who has  Covid,  you need to get tested - but it it is impossible to do so. How does this make sense?

2 hours ago, sibon said:

It is time to get tough on these criminals:

They need prison time 

1 hour ago, Axel said:

I think you'll find they were Anti Vaccine Passport protestors, if you check out their banners.

More on vaccine passports here:

Does it really matter what they were protesting/disrupting 

4 hours ago, Chekhov said:

I think I've felt worse this time than with whatever variant I had last time...

1 hour ago, FIRETHORN1 said:

What happens to the housebound people with regard to  testing? There are no LF tests available for home delivery when you  try to  order online via the government NHS website. They just advise you to collect a testing  kit from a local pharmacy - but how do you even  get to a local  pharmacy you are disabled and housebound? Even if the housebound person does manage to get a  relative to try to pick up a test kit from a pharmacy, none of the pharmacies  have the supplies in anyway! Basically - if you are a housebound person who has been exposed to someone who has  Covid,  you need to get tested - but it it is impossible to do so. How does this make sense?

This could be tricky.  I've got a few, but need to do daily tests to see whether I can come out of isolation.  Which I will need to do to get more tests so I can go back to work, but there's a bank holiday so the pharmacies will be closed...

7 hours ago, melthebell said:

Thats mutating Viruses for you, pesky things

I had the pfizer vaccine as a booster, I dont believe its specially formulated for Omricron and the COVID virus is still around.

Both Pfizer and Moderna reported that their vaccines demonstrated more than 90% efficacy in preventing symptomatic COVID-19 infection. Do they run their own tests, how very convenient!

But .........

A study found that by August 2021, when delta was surging, the Pfizer vaccine was 53% effective at preventing severe illness in nursing home residents who had been vaccinated in early 2021.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/health/how-effective-are-covid-19-vaccines-against-omicron

Looks like people are starting to say enough is enough. 

If you are one of those sort, you know the ones who want convid passports and restrictions then is is what you could end up with... 

https://fb.watch/acBJ-ctK7H/

5 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Looks like people are starting to say enough is enough. 

If you are one of those sort, you know the ones who want convid passports and restrictions then is is what you could end up with... 

https://fb.watch/acBJ-ctK7H/

Im not surprised, there's also news coming out of America that the PCR test (the so called gold standard) may return positive results for up to 12 weeks,

https://www.zerohedge.com/covid-19/bombshell-admission-cdc-drops-post-isolation-pcr-test-because-they-can-remain-positive-12

Just when you thought things couldn't get more absurd, the Biden administration is now dropping PCR tests from its Covid end-of-isolation guidelines because they can stay positive for up to 12 weeks.

"So we would have people in isolation for a very long time if we were relying on PCRs," said CDC Director Rochelle Walensky on a Wednesday appearance on "Good Morning America."

This means that for the past 21 months, people sat home for extra days and weeks because their test came back with an irrelevant positive. We didn’t know this 6, 12, 18 months ago? Really?