Protesters On Town Hall Roof

On this subject I think it’s like a Farage said last night try taking flags down and shouting racist stuff outside a Mosque and see how that goes. Police seem to be taking a back seat with this.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

With the daily mail nationalising the event it will attract attention from those types of people and those against them.

1 hour ago, Findlay said:

With the daily mail nationalising the event it will attract attention from those types of people and those against them.

You mean it was the Daily Mail article that encouraged them to take down the Israeli flag?

• Like 1

How did they get there, without being challenged - unless of course it was late at night?

Probably working from home. 

The only flag flying from the Town Hall should be our flag - the Union Flag.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

The protester raised a Palestinian flag, not a Hamas flag, so lets all calm down. 

1 hour ago, RollingJ said:

How did they get there, without being challenged - unless of course it was late at night?

They climbed up the outside.

3 minutes ago, altus said:

Cheers - that appears to be in daylight, so how come he managed to get to that point without being challenged?

3 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Cheers - that appears to be in daylight, so how come he managed to get to that point without being challenged?

Once someone is climbing the outside of a building the police aren't going to be able to chase them. If you knew they were going to the flag pole you could send people rushing up the stairs inside and hope you get there before them. If you're not certain where they were heading, covering every place they might go to would be impractical.

6 minutes ago, altus said:

Once someone is climbing the outside of a building the police aren't going to be able to chase them. If you knew they were going to the flag pole you could send people rushing up the stairs inside and hope you get there before them. If you're not certain where they were heading, covering every place they might go to would be impractical.

Fair enough - but I suspect there would be some clues within the 'demonstration' which give security some idea of their intent - or am I being too logical?

5 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Fair enough - but I suspect there would be some clues within the 'demonstration' which give security some idea of their intent - or am I being too logical?

I think you're not thinking like someone who wants to climb to the top of the town hall. If there's a protest going on at the front of the building the police and security staff are naturally going to be focussed on that. Far easier to approach the building round the back where nobody is watching and start climbing there. They'd probably reached the roof before anyone even noticed them.

• Like 1