The Yom Kippur War .

23 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

How do you know ? Listening to you one would think everyone was just  wrongly understood.

Every country, organisation, families keep secrets. Even on this forum contributors identities are kept secret.

We only know a tiny bit of what is happening in world politics and that is often from propaganda .

I suggest you watch different news sources like I suggested earlier and get a better idea ie look at the videos that BBC don’t show us and look at interviews with human rights lawyers and United Nations representatives and then you will have a broader view of the situation instead of being  a staunch supporter of Israel and trying to defend the indefensible. 
Please don’t take my post as being rude or against you as sometimes posts can come across in that way it’s just that sometimes you need to widen your knowledge of something to get a better understanding. 

3 minutes ago, mafya said:

I suggest you watch different news sources like I suggested earlier and get a better idea ie look at the videos that BBC don’t show us and look at interviews with human rights lawyers and United Nations representatives and then you will have a broader view of the situation instead of being  a staunch supporter of Israel and trying to defend the indefensible. 
Please don’t take my post as being rude or against you as sometimes posts can come across in that way it’s just that sometimes you need to widen your knowledge of something to get a better understanding. 

Is it possible for you to give us any of the links which you use?

On 04/11/2023 at 10:15, Organgrinder said:

That's perfectly true               but there's no law that says  every individual has to leave their morals behind and like it.

If you are happy with the situation,  then that's fine.

When the government does something in my name,  I'm entitled to say that I don't agree.

I wouldn't have been happy about Dresden,  Nagasaki and Hiroshima too because I don't believe that two wrong make a right.

Hamas started this war knowing full well how Israel would react. And I feel desperately sorry for the civilians who are taking the brunt because of Hamas.

Edited by hobinfoot
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, hobinfoot said:

Hamas started this war knowing full well how Israel would react. And I feel desperately sorry for the civilians who are taking the brunt because of Hamas.

I have to agree but what did they think they could achieve because Israel has the USA backing them?

15 hours ago, harvey19 said:

How do you know ? Listening to you one would think everyone was just  wrongly understood.

Every country, organisation, families keep secrets. Even on this forum contributors identities are kept secret.

We only know a tiny bit of what is happening in world politics and that is often from propaganda .

It's true that all countries,  organisations,   etc. keep secrets and I haven't said anybody was wrong.

That doesn't explain why you so readily believe what one source says,  the one that fits with your view,   but won't believe  what another one does.

The propaganda war is on full throttle at this very moment and I've noticed that both BBC News and SKY News feature far more spokesmen from Israel than they do from Palestine.

They both omit to show reaction around the world such as the massive gatherings in New York and neither of them mention how many Jewish people are protesting against the Israeli government.

Very,  very  one sided indeed  -  I know full well that always happens in times of war but that doesn't make it right.

Edited by Organgrinder

12 minutes ago, hobinfoot said:

This war didnt start on 7th October 2023 you know..

This interview sums up the lefties on this forum perfectly 

It's brilliant 👍

@Al Bundy

Edited by Jack Grey
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, mafya said:

No problem with your post.

I am not a staunch supporters but  try to be objective and not just accept what is put in front of me.

I also fully accept propaganda is distributed by all sides in situations like this and bias can give different descriptions of the same situation.

6 minutes ago, cressida said:

I have to agree but what did they think they could achieve because Israel has the USA backing them?

I'm quite sure they  (Hamas)  were hoping it would spread throughout the whole of the middle east because Israel is completely surrounded and has no support in those parts.

Israel is vastly outnumbered and,  if it were not for the west, would not exist now anyway.  

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Organgrinder said:

It's true that all counties,  organisations,   etc. keep secrets and I haven't said anybody was wrong.

That doesn't explain why you so readily believe what one source says,  the one that fits with your view,   but won't believe  what another one does.

The propaganda war is on full throttle at this very moment and I've noticed that both BBC News and SKY News feature far more spokesmen from Israel than they do from Palestine.

They both omit to show reaction around the world such as the massive gatherings in New York and neither of them mention how many Jewish people are protesting against the Israeli government.

Very,  very  one sided indeed  -  I know full well that always happens in times of war but that doesn't make it right.

You are right and it is often the side which has the best propaganda machine gets most support.

Hitler recognised this with The Signal magazine.

Edited by harvey19

Guest ThaBoom
20 minutes ago, hobinfoot said:

Hamas was created by Israel- that's what happens when you constantly oppress a people for over 70 years.

"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who doing the oppressing."

Melcolm X

8 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

I'm quite sure they  (Hamas)  were hoping it would spread throughout the whole of the middle east because Israel is completely surrounded and has no support in those parts.

Israel is vastly outnumbered and,  if it were not for the west, would not exist now anyway.  

Yes O.G. and it seems to be in the USA's interest to also Back Israel because of its' strategic position.