The Yom Kippur War .

10 minutes ago, trastrick said:

Millions have been killed in their own  inter-sectarian wars between the 31 or so, different varieties of Islamism.

These wars continue, in Islamic countries, and have nothing to do with Israel, or the West.

What’s with the whataboutism? Stick to the subject countries being discussed or is it that you couldn’t come up with an informed intelligent response?

3 minutes ago, trastrick said:

More moral equivalency crapola from you lot!

Terrorists have no rules!

Terrorists, or prisoners of war? (Or gays and adulterous women?)

I repeat.   No one on the forum has supported the terrorists so what exactly is your point ?

And what is it to do with gays or adulterous women ?

Don't join in any debating societies until you can stick to the subject without wandering.

24 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

Could you enlighten me on the situation of Palestinians detained  by Israel please. Reasons why, where and how are they held as I am not aware of the details.

Yes release all hostages, this could provide a catalyst for a ceasefire

This an Israeli article= https://www.timesofisrael.com/over-1100-palestinians-said-held-by-israel-without-trial-highest-figure-since-2003/

if you watch Al Jazeera they have a programme that comes on that looks into this, if you are serious about getting both sides of the story then maybe worth your while doing this so you can make your own mind up.

I watch various news outlets to get a better idea of what the situation is…

13 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

Would you allow your neighbour to take half of your garden and then claim half of the rooms in your house ?

Wouldn't you expect the law to back you up if this happened.

They've taken over your streets, so that eventuality is not too far off!  :)

17 minutes ago, mafya said:

This an Israeli article= https://www.timesofisrael.com/over-1100-palestinians-said-held-by-israel-without-trial-highest-figure-since-2003/

if you watch Al Jazeera they have a programme that comes on that looks into this, if you are serious about getting both sides of the story then maybe worth your while doing this so you can make your own mind up.

I watch various news outlets to get a better idea of what the situation is…

From the article it appears that those detained are suspected terrorists and they have not gone on trial to protect  the witnesses against them

• Sad 1

35 minutes ago, trastrick said:

More moral equivalency crapola from you lot!

Terrorists have no rules!

Terrorists, or prisoners of war? (Or gays and adulterous women?)

I don’t think that you have any morals or humanity .

10000 killed in Gaza including 4000 children so far .

I can understand the thirst for revenge by those directly involved.

I cannot understand why someone in your privileged position is stoking the fires of actions that will only add to more bloodshed.

32 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

From the article it appears that those detained are suspected terrorists and they have not gone on trial to protect  the witnesses against them

not gone on trial to protect witnesses!! How do you think other countries protect witnesses? By not holding a trial?

seriousley have a think about what you have just said.

Another article= https://tribunemag.co.uk/2023/11/locked-in-despair-palestinian-hostages-in-israeli-prisons-gaza-israel-palestine

52 minutes ago, trastrick said:

Which street is it that they who you refer to have taken over peoples houses forcefully?

52 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

Highly surprising then,  that Israel is hated by every single one.

Highly surprising only to those who don't know history!  :)

But radical fundamentalist Islamists and terrorists, have been hating on the Jews since 632 AD.

More recently the NAZIS tried, but failed, to exterminate them.

This latest effort, by HAMAS, and their protesters, rioters, "useful idiots", and fellow travelers in the West, is just the latest flair up.

But all Democratic nations are solidly against terrorism, and the right of a Democracy to live in peace, and defend itself from those who swear to destroy it!

Even if Democracies are not perfect.

As somebody wise once said, they are still better than the alternative!  :)

28 minutes ago, RJRB said:

I don’t think that you have any morals or humanity .

10000 killed in Gaza including 4000 children so far .

I can understand the thirst for revenge by those directly involved.

I cannot understand why someone in your privileged position is stoking the fires of actions that will only add to more bloodshed.

You should know by now I don't care what anonymous internet trolls who hurl personal insults think.

Same with jehovah's witnesses, drunks in bars, and screaming street protesters. :)

You're all cut from the same cloth!

16 minutes ago, mafya said:

not gone on trial to protect witnesses!! How do you think other countries protect witnesses? By not holding a trial?

seriousley have a think about what you have just said.

Another article= https://tribunemag.co.uk/2023/11/locked-in-despair-palestinian-hostages-in-israeli-prisons-gaza-israel-palestine

Which street is it that they who you refer to have taken over peoples houses forcefully?

Care to clarify?  :)

56 minutes ago, trastrick said:

Highly surprising only to those who don't know history!  :)

But radical fundamentalist Islamists and terrorists, have been hating on the Jews since 632 AD.

More recently the NAZIS tried, but failed, to exterminate them.

This latest effort, by HAMAS, and their protesters, rioters, "useful idiots", and fellow travelers in the West, is just the latest flair up.

But all Democratic nations are solidly against terrorism, and the right of a Democracy to live in peace, and defend itself from those who swear to destroy it!

Even if Democracies are not perfect.

As somebody wise once said, they are still better than the alternative!  :)

Of course they are and who would argue about that.      But I am still waiting for poof that anyone is defending terrorists.

What people are arguing about is that no one has the sense to tell which are the terrorists and which are the innocent citizens.

Therefore the innocent citizens get bombed in their thousands  and there s a name for that.

It is also against all democratic and international law.

1 hour ago, trastrick said:

Stop lying.   That's just more conspiracy theories from the nutters..

Our streets are exactly as they always were and no one has taken them over.

Edited by Organgrinder

Interesting article on the conflict here.

It's pretty one sided tbf but the bit about the Ben Gurion canal project makes sense to me.

It has been said that the attack was two years in the planning in Gaza, a tiny patch of land riddled with Zionist infiltrators and spies who cajole, bribe and threaten ordinary Palestinians to betray their comrades.

So the question many are asking, with some justification, is why there was such a catastrophic intelligence failure which meant that the attack caught the Israeli military sleeping on the job. In terms of access to eavesdropping technology and defence there is probably no better-equipped military in the world other than in the US, and the Americans maintain secret supply bases in the Zionist state. Israel’s Mossad has earned itself a reputation of being among the finest intelligence gatherers and infiltrators in the world. And yet 7 October saw Hamas fighters breach security fences, invade a music festival and local kibbutzim, and fly in on paragliders without a single challenge. How did this happen?

Some of Israel’s most brutal attacks on innocent Palestinians are made citing “national security” and Israel’s alleged right to defend itself. If it was being attacked by another nation state, fair enough. But an attack by people living under Israel’s brutal military occupation provides no such legal defence. It doesn’t exist.

READ: 41 children killed in West Bank since 7 October, charity says

A good contact and friend of mine who watches the region’s events closely told me simply: “Follow the money.” And that is how, after being nudged and pointed in a variety of directions with annoyingly vague clues, I found myself pouring over a network of paper trails that led to the National Archives, where British secrets lie unseen for at least 30 years and in some cases much, much longer.

https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/20231105-an-alternative-to-the-suez-canal-is-central-to-israels-genocide-of-the-palestinians/