Heart Of The City Redevelopment

bit of a chicken and an egg scenario the whole city centre apartments thing.  You need the shops/leisure facilities to entice people to live there but you need the people living there to get the developers/operators to want to set up shop!  Having a captive customer base - even only for 9 months a year (students) makes it viable - more people seem to want Urban living from what I have seen plus you have the visitors to a city - good things to do in a city, people rent apartments for the weekend or as a base instead of hotels. 

2 hours ago, RollingJ said:

She would have major difficulties getting past security - I've been there, by invitation, and it is very tightly controlled.

I'm sure they make an exception for Our Irene and her refreshment trolley....

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

The King's Tower gets planning approval. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-67936372

'Planning officers said co-living was a new concept where residents live in small studios and share communal living and dining areas.

Cosy.  Pigeon coop, anyone? 

That is one bloody ugly building.

It's halls of residence, essentially, then  Hell of a building and site to devote primarily to students.  Once you've aged out of that group most people do their best to get out of shared accommodation, especially of the mass communal hell that sounds like.