No More Car Tax Reminders (V11)

Seems to be some confusion on the net with many media site reporting the DVLA have said they aren't sending out the V11 reminders any more, we have 2 cars that taxed from the 1st August and didn't get any reminders so it does look like there won't be any anymore so make sure you don't forget. You can set up a digital reminder or do it by direct debit so they just keep taking it (till there's no more money left in the bank)

That does explain something... .I had my "last chance reminder" letter for taxing my 22 plate just this week, which I thought had been taxed until end of August given I only picked it up a week before the new 72 plate came out last year, but actually ran out at the end of July. (it looks like the dealership mucked up paying on the extra week, but that's another story !). I was thinking that I'm sure I hadn't had any reminders through the post, and now from what you've said that sounds like it's DVLA policy. Maybe this time round they are issuing the last chance letters just in case, but you're right in that it looks like we'd better all remember our car tax dates from here on to avoid the crusher !!

Edited by HallamGirl
Edited reg plate

Sa

19 hours ago, HallamGirl said:

That does explain something... .I had my "last chance reminder" letter for taxing my 22 plate just this week, which I thought had been taxed until end of August given I only picked it up a week before the new 72 plate came out last year, but actually ran out at the end of July. (it looks like the dealership mucked up paying on the extra week, but that's another story !). I was thinking that I'm sure I hadn't had any reminders through the post, and now from what you've said that sounds like it's DVLA policy. Maybe this time round they are issuing the last chance letters just in case, but you're right in that it looks like we'd better all remember our car tax dates from here on to avoid the crusher !!

Naughty girl, driving without tax "😮" very easily done now, you seem to not get caught though when you don't know.

We bought our car 1 year ago right at the end of the month but with the new stupid tax rules we had to tax it from the begining of August for the sake of about 5 days, and the previous owner had paid for August already so that month was paid twice. That was a screw on the car owner to get more tax out of them, this seems the same -- get loads of fines for no tax.

Unbeliveable it hasn't been publically announced, interesting to see if anybody has been caught but let off.

7 minutes ago, Arthur Ritus said:

Sa

Naughty girl, driving without tax "😮" very easily done now, you seem to not get caught though when you don't know.

We bought our car 1 year ago right at the end of the month but with the new stupid tax rules we had to tax it from the begining of August for the sake of about 5 days, and the previous owner had paid for August already so that month was paid twice. That was a screw on the car owner to get more tax out of them, this seems the same -- get loads of fines for no tax.

Unbeliveable it hasn't been publically announced, interesting to see if anybody has been caught but let off.

That is the bigger issue that it has not been publically announced.  Many folk rely on reminders to tax their vehicle.  When a tax disc was displayed then there was a visual reminder about the expiry date. 

Edited by Axe

7 minutes ago, Axe said:

That is the bigger issue that it has not been publically announced.  Many folk rely on reminders to tax their vehicle.  When a tax disc was displayed then there was a visual reminder about the expiry date. 

Woe betide people are responsible for their own finances. It's not difficult to keep notes of when things are due. Modern technology makes it even easier. 

Besides anyone can just sign up for the free reminder system if they like

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Woe betide people are responsible for their own finances. It's not difficult to keep notes of when things are due. Modern technology makes it even easier. 

Besides anyone can just sign up for the free reminder system if they like

The point is car owners have always had a written reminder when their road tax expired meaning there was no need for them to make and keep notes  Not everyone is clued up on technology. 

1 minute ago, Axe said:

The point is car owners have always had a written reminder when their road tax expired meaning there was no need for them to make and keep notes  Not everyone is clued up on technology. 

In which case write things in a paper diary then, it isn't tricky. 

13 minutes ago, *Wallace* said:

It’s good to know someone is still saying woe betide say it to a young person and you would get eh ? Yer what ?

I'm not even 40 😂