Berge To Leave For Burnley?

Makes little sense on the face of it, selling a good player to a club who you'd think may be one of those in a similar position to us in terms of survival.

Then again, if the idea is to use the money to bring in players that Hecky has targeted fair enough. If the idea is to pocket the money and go with what we've got then I'm less than impressed. All we can do is wait and see. 🙄

• Like 1

Very odd decision to sell to them unless the money will be used for a player or two. I can't read the article so not sure what the fee would be but if it's around the 10 million mark then I can't see you finding a player as good for around that price.

The first 2 games against Palace & Forest are going to be a good indication of how the season is going to go.  None of this, it's a marathon not a sprint nonsense.   The likes of Palace, Forest & Burnley are the teams we will be fighting against in the lower half of the Premiership & what do we do, go & sell, for a guesstimatated £12 million, Berger to Burley. 

I could understand all the rumours about Berger going to Bruges for Champions League football or even the rumours that he was off to Liverpool, Chelsea etc but BURNLEY.   

You can see where this is going?   Burnley get him for £12 million then sell him on next year for about £30 million plus. 

I'm not that bothered, other than the selling price, about losing Berge, (although he is one of our more talented players but a bit of a hit & miss luxury), as I am about losing Ndiaye but to find them both sold a few days apart is the 21st century equivalent of the Blades off-loading Deane & Fjortoft on the same day back in the 90's.

The self inflicted struggle starts 3pm Saturday.  

It would be the selling him to what will probably be your rival for relegation that would bother me more, it just doesn't make sense to strengthen a rival.

3 hours ago, NERVY-OWL said:

Very odd decision to sell to them unless the money will be used for a player or two. I can't read the article so not sure what the fee would be but if it's around the 10 million mark then I can't see you finding a player as good for around that price.

Fee rumoued to be around £12m.  We turned down around what we paid for him a year or so ago, but he's in the final year of his contract.  IF he goes for a figure around that, I only hope we insist on a hefty sell-on clause, or we could really miss out in future if he goes to a top 6/ top European club.

I'm not a regular watcher of the Blades these days, finance and health problems !

I do feel really sorry for those fanatical fans who are looking forward to this season, individuals and families who have paid a fortune for season tickets.

If the season goes belly up which we all now suspect it will, who gets the blame ?

What are Hecky's inner thoughts, will he jump ship ?

Lets hope for a least a couple of points from the first 2 games.

It’s almost like we’re trying to get relegated before we’ve even kicked a ball . Good luck Hecky, it’s not your fault but the manager is always scapegoated 

A lad I know posted on Facebook about this but he also mentioned Anels name, not sure what rumour he's heard about him aswell.

Looks like the cream of European football are going to lose him to Burnley, strange that. 🤣

Hmmm... :huh:

According to this, we've already got his replacement lined up! :|

12 minutes ago, top4718 said:

Looks like the cream of European football are going to lose him to Burnley, strange that. 🤣

Very strange !!