Hillsbrough Park Over Used?

3 hours ago, bassett one said:

but dont worry as most people state it wont affect the park grass ect having events every week,thats why i think move a few elsewhere to help the land,if they say it cannot be done get in experts who can look at our other parks and see if they can be used ,they all cannot be no good for events can they?

Who are these 'most people ' who you are eager to quote and speak for to try and make your post more important.  Did you do a survey that I have missed as I didn't get to comment about the park usage?

The number of roads closed for this event this year seems more than ever, and the whole park has been boarded up for two weeks beforehand instead of the usual one, and it will presumably take them another fortnight to take them all down afterwards. Even Taplin Road was closed this morning - what's the point of that? People have to go down it to avoid getting fined for going through the tram gate. Time the whole thing was either discontinued or moved somewhere more appropriate. I hope they all get rained on uninterruptedly all weekend.

54 minutes ago, metalman said:

The number of roads closed for this event this year seems more than ever, and the whole park has been boarded up for two weeks beforehand instead of the usual one, and it will presumably take them another fortnight to take them all down afterwards. Even Taplin Road was closed this morning - what's the point of that? People have to go down it to avoid getting fined for going through the tram gate. Time the whole thing was either discontinued or moved somewhere more appropriate. I hope they all get rained on uninterruptedly all weekend.

at last a genuine person who understands the problems of this so called perfect venue for this event,that upsets no one so many say ,but sorry everyone states theres no where else in sheffield to hold this event,or the many others held there.

And again, you live eight (?) miles away from it, why on earth are you bothered if the streets surrounding it are shut? 

Hmmm... :huh:

Is it just me, or does everyone else find it wonderfully satisfying when...

... a forum troll is themselves getting trolled by someone who doesn't even realise they're doing it? :hihi:

Marvellous stuff! :thumbsup:

• Haha 2

just because i dont live next to the park,does not mean i dont care about sheffield parks and i believe we should all have a chance to see music ect,without it all being in one area

• Like 1

On 18/07/2023 at 12:20, HeHasRisen said:

The reasons for this have been given to you only a few weeks before. Hillsborough is a) flattish

does sound not go uphill

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, fools said:

does sound not go uphill

Nice try. 

6 minutes ago, bassett one said:

just because i dont live next to the park,does not mean i dont care about sheffield parks and i believe we should all have a chance to see music ect,without it all being in one area

Can't imagine an oldie like you having any interest in standing round a park all day paying a fortune to watch a load of guitar bands. 

2 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Nice try. 

Can't imagine an oldie like you having any interest in standing round a park all day paying a fortune to watch a load of guitar bands. 

used to be able to park for free there

Proper quagmire. Who pays for the restoration and how long till it can be used again ?

15 hours ago, hackey lad said:

Proper quagmire. Who pays for the restoration and how long till it can be used again ?

It'll be used again from lunchtime today. Same tomorrow.