Arctic Monkeys Concerts In Hillsborough Park

24 minutes ago, hauxwell said:

Do you think it was Dean Martin you were thinking about?  

No.

Think I got mi wires crossed thinking James Dean was a singer.

On 08/06/2023 at 18:13, bassett one said:

well is SCC making a profit? if thats the case they are not bothered,but that park will find it hard to continue ground wise with tramlines,circus ,funfairs ect,ect,it not fair to the local people,i say spread all these events around the city,its better to help each park as well.

Its the only park in Sheffield that ticks all the boxes,its flat,secure,central-ish and easy to get to by public transport,as for the sound level ,that is just a case of tuning it down and fitting level monitoring on the boundary,I've done loads of gigs with that in place .The louder you run the PA the more noise the crowd makes so you turn it up eventually you run out of headroom or the amps shut down .

Edited by choogling
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Padders said:

James Dean and Buddy Holly would have sold out Glastonbury 10 times over.

15 minutes ago, Padders said:

No.

Think I got mi wires crossed thinking James Dean was a singer.

Don McLean's song, 'American Pie', alludes to the plane crash that killed Buddy Holly and it also has a reference to a coat belonging to James Dean.

Perhaps those song lyrics were buzzing around in your head? Just a thought.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, choogling said:

Its the only park in Sheffield that ticks all the boxes,its flat,secure,central-ish and easy to get to by public transport,as for the sound level ,that is just a case of tuning it down and fitting level monitoring on the boundary,I've done loads of gigs with that in place .The louder you run the PA the more noise the crowd makes so you turn it up eventually you run out of headroom or the amps shut down .

so no other park can hold a big event? no one can do a event on hilly ground? well trust me get a wet summer and hillsbrough park will suffer,ground cannot take huge footfall week in week out like its being used,many  big events normally take place annually ,hillsbrough is or must be at its limit and if sheffield is to  benefit it must look to hold events in its other major parks,plus. this helps income to scc which helps us all,i did not realise though that all englands major music events took part on flat land

2 minutes ago, bassett one said:

so no other park can hold a big event? no one can do a event on hilly ground? well trust me get a wet summer and hillsbrough park will suffer,ground cannot take huge footfall week in week out like its being used,many  big events normally take place annually ,hillsbrough is or must be at its limit and if sheffield is to  benefit it must look to hold events in its other major parks,plus. this helps income to scc which helps us all,i did not realise though that all englands major music events took part on flat land

Little thing called health and safety mate. You can't have 30k people all over hills and ridges watching a concert. Come on, this is common sense. 

Edited by HeHasRisen

On 26/06/2023 at 11:58, choogling said:

Norfolk Park is a natural amphitheatre. Its bigger , on the Tram route with more parking possible also a 5 min walk from trains and bus station

Just now, top4718 said:

Ladbible, reyt source of info that 🤡

Using actual quotes from social media, mate. But but but it's only me who thinks the songs are slow! Or something. 

17 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Using actual quotes from social media, mate. But but but it's only me who thinks the songs are slow! Or something. 

Quotes from social media of people who you've no idea if they were even there, probably just like you and following the herd, I've already mentioned but you've ignored, someone did a mash up of songs from all their Glasto appearances and there was virtually no difference in tempo, I personally don't try to judge unless I've seen something first hand (or were actually there).

• Like 1

"virtually no difference" 

16 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

"virtually no difference" 

Yeah virtually no difference, some parts of the same songs were slower when they appeared in 2013, you really are a sad individual.