Tramlines 2023

I think this is the last year I’ll bother. The lineups get worse. Not arsed about any of them apart from Bug Club. Yes the Verve had half a decent album once.

£7 a pint and a £10 fish finger sandwich doesn’t compensate.

If I hadn’t bought a weekend ticket ages ago I’d just leave the house every afternoon for 3 days and do pub crawls. The Mrs has already signed me off from parenting duties and I’d save a fortune.

Any tips on lesser known names worth turning up for? The old fart names or Tramlines repeat offenders I’ve either seen them before or not bothered about them. 

There are loads of good bands out there but Tramlines don’t book many of them. Crap ones are cheap I guess.

BBC 6 Music is largely rubbish now too. What’s happened?

7 minutes ago, Bilge said:

I think this is the last year I’ll bother. The lineups get worse. Not arsed about any of them apart from Bug Club. Yes the Verve had half a decent album once.

If I hadn’t bought a weekend ticket ages ago I’d just leave the house every afternoon for 3 days and do pub crawls. The Mrs has already signed me off from parenting duties and I’d save a fortune.

Any tips on lesser known names worth turning up for? The old fart names or Tramlines repeat offenders I’ve either seen them before or not bothered about them. 

There are loads of good bands out there but Tramlines don’t book many of them. Crap ones are cheap I guess.

It was so much better when it was on Devonshire Green & Peace Gardens etc

DJ's outside Vodka Revolution 

The whole city centre was packed and we used to just do a bar crawl all day

Ive not been to Hillsborough Park

We start off around Kelham Island then head into town

Leopold Square is always really good

Then end the night in The Green Room 

40 minutes ago, Bilge said:

Red Rum Club would probably be the highlight for me.  The Covasettes are pretty good too.

Edited by Martin C
typo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bilge said:

The Beths. Brilliant song craft, harmonies, tight and crisp, lovely NZ lilt in the voices.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bilge said:

It sounds like a bitter-sweet symphony of circumstances to me.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Martin C said:

Red Rum Club would probably be the highlight for me.  The Covasettes are pretty good too.

They seem to be on every year. Not got them yet but I’ll give them another chance.

3 hours ago, Palomar said:

The Beths. Brilliant song craft, harmonies, tight and crisp, lovely NZ lilt in the voices.

As it happens I listened to a bit of them earlier today and yes I’ll be there when they come on. Worth a punt.

Any more for the list?

• Like 1

I love the 'The Everly Pregnant Brothers'

Theyre really popular

4 hours ago, Bilge said:

Come round to my house , I'll do you a fish finger sarnie and a pot of tea and we can listen to some old John Peel programmes .  £5 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

I love the 'The Everly Pregnant Brothers'

Theyre really popular

No thanks, Dullsville Arizona.

16 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Come round to my house , I'll do you a fish finger sarnie and a pot of tea and we can listen to some old John Peel programmes .  £5 

I’d want a week’s worth of FFS for £5.

7 minutes ago, Bilge said:

No thanks, Dullsville Arizona.

I’d want a week’s worth of FFS for £5.

True  Yorkshireman  then   😀  :thumbsup: