Best Chinese Restaurant - City Centre

2 hours ago, Grahamfff said:

Has anyone any recommendations for Chinese restaurants in or around Sheffield City Centre?

If not, are there some good restaurants around the new Chinese quarter near St Mary's?

Thanks

Not strictly Chinese but Oisoi is New Era Sq is excellent, not the cheapest but the food and service are bang on.

Edited by top4718

• 3 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, St Petre said:

Is that 20 quid per person ?

Would say so yes - found this

https://www.zmenu.com/wong-ting-sheffield-online-menu/

says £18.95 on the menu, feasible its gone up a quid each since.

I would take a look at the Tripadvisor reviews though. They strongly suggest one of the staff members is a nutter and that they are a bit sniffy towards non-Chinese people.

Edited by HeHasRisen

3 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

I would take a look at the Tripadvisor reviews though. They strongly suggest one of the staff members is a nutter and that they are a bit sniffy towards non-Chinese people.

It suggests  on that menu that the price is for two peopie . What I found interesting was the children's menu which says 'order by height', so if one is ordering by  phone, do they have to 'fib' if they have 'tall for age' kids?

8 minutes ago, St Petre said:

It suggests  on that menu that the price is for two peopie . What I found interesting was the children's menu which says 'order by height', so if one is ordering by  phone, do they have to 'fib' if they have 'tall for age' kids?

No it means that at least 2 people have to have the buffet (minimum for 2 people) not that it's £18.95 for two people. 

It's not going to be £9.48 each for eat as much as you want, that would be absurd. 

And no that menu won't be for phone orders/takeaways. It's for the sit in buffet where they can judge a child's height. They have a separate a la carte menu. 

Edited by HeHasRisen
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

Nonsense.