Demand Outstrips Supply : 'Rents Go Through The Roof As Landlords Sell Up'

9 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

You are pathetic.

Quite apart from anything Effin' is officially not a swear word, do you not read post you reply to ?

You are even more pitiable because you are one of the number one trolls on here, so your faux outrage at "swearing" is feeble.

I agree its pathetic, but if I am not allowed to mask my swearing (and get a days ban for it) you cant either, so here we are.

Edited by HeHasRisen
  • Like 1

Back on topic: if BTL landlords are selling vacated properties, surely this increases the supply of properties available for potential owner-occupiers to purchase? One way to encourage such landlords to sell-up might be to give their sitting tenants a statutory Tenant Option Right (first refusal): no need for EPC or Estate Agent or chain- so in both parties' interests.

• Like 3

Guest makapaka
On 25/03/2023 at 08:02, Jack Grey said:

Our population has exploded by 20 million in 20 years

No it hasn’t 

On 25/03/2023 at 08:02, Jack Grey said:

SNIPPED

Our population has exploded by 20 million in 20  years

Population in 2000 - 59 million

Population in 2023 - 67 million

So 67 minus 59 is..    give me a minute......yep, 20 million. 100% correct, well done on pointing that out

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, MJ01 said:

Population in 2000 - 59 million

Population in 2023 - 67 million

So 67 minus 59 is..    give me a minute......yep, 20 million. 100% correct, well done on pointing that out

Maybe he meant in the USA, where he pretended to be for 5 months recently.

12 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Maybe he meant in the USA, where he pretended to be for 5 months recently.

That is a very valid point- or maybe, just maybe, & I don't say this lightly, maybe he just makes stuff up?

Edited by MJ01
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Jeffrey Shaw said:

Back on topic: if BTL landlords are selling vacated properties, surely this increases the supply of properties available for potential owner-occupiers to purchase? One way to encourage such landlords to sell-up might be to give their sitting tenants a statutory Tenant Option Right (first refusal): no need for EPC or Estate Agent or chain- so in both parties' interests.

I agree it would be a good idea to give sitting tenants first refusal, but they would probably still have to get a mortgage, and that's not always easy.  At the moment, the professional Landlord, with multiple properties and finance ready to invest, will  be able to outbid anything a sitting tenant can offer and  increase his portfolio with bargain buys.

4 minutes ago, MJ01 said:

Me & 12 million people that he's made up - he's gonna need a bigger ignore (one for the Jaws fans)

Are you HeHasRisens spy?

His little biatch? 😁

Be your own man.....dont let that little weasel manipulate you 

Theres people you can call if you're being bullied

• Haha 2