Council Tax In Sheffield Looks Set To Rise By 4.99%

1 minute ago, blackydog said:

Don't talk rubbish. That is nothing like a comparison. 

If people want to have street parties to show their undying support for another family, let them pay for it out of their own pocket.

I dont like libraries or use them, why should I pay for them?

• Like 1

Just now, HeHasRisen said:

I dont like libraries or use them, why should I pay for them?

You don't like libraries. How can you not like a library? You might not use it much, but not like?

Libraries are there for you and everyone else if you need them. They offer services that some people may not be able to afford otherwise. The royal family offer nothing, whatever they do is done for themselves, always has been, always will be.

Just now, blackydog said:

You don't like libraries. How can you not like a library? You might not use it much, but not like?

Libraries are there for you and everyone else if you need them. They offer services that some people may not be able to afford otherwise. The royal family offer nothing, whatever they do is done for themselves, always has been, always will be.

The point I was clearly trying to make is you cant pick and choose what money is spent on based on the sole fact that "you dont like it".

You might not like money being spent on street parties for this, but thousands of people will.

Same for me with libraries. I dont like them and have no call to use them, but I dont moan about it and ask for a rebate as that would just be silly.

Just now, blackydog said:

That's your opinion. I dont' use any social care at all, ever. So, using your arguement, I shouldn't pay for it. I also don't use any schools. 

However, as I believe that taxes are raised to ensure money can be spent to provider public services, I willing pay what the government (local and central) tell me I should. 

4 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

The point I was clearly trying to make is you cant pick and choose what money is spent on based on the sole fact that "you dont like it".

You might not like money being spent on street parties for this, but thousands of people will.

Same for me with libraries. I dont like them and have no call to use them, but I dont moan about it and ask for a rebate as that would just be silly.

Never mentioned asking for a rebate. I appreciate services are provided to meet needs across the  board.

This huge amount of money is not providing a service, it is supporting a jolly and further promoting the brainwashing that royalty is right. 

Will the council provide funds to support Republic group protests against the monarchy on coronation day? Not holding my breath.

Bit of advice needed . Have received a letter today giving me a court date over unpaid Council Tax.  This has been paid and I have proof. 
So should I go to court to show what a bunch of idiots are running the council or should I spend however long trying to get through to them on the phone , to sort it out ?

4 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Bit of advice needed . Have received a letter today giving me a court date over unpaid Council Tax.  This has been paid and I have proof. 
So should I go to court to show what a bunch of idiots are running the council or should I spend however long trying to get through to them on the phone , to sort it out ?

If you attempt the former you need to have all of your ducks in a row regarding your payments and that you are 500% sure you are up to date and have made all payments outstanding. 

And I know it's ages to get through on the phone but you are likely to get short shrift also about why you didn't resolve it before court.  Can you call into First Point? 

Edited by HeHasRisen

13 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Hmmm... :huh:

If you've got the time and energy to go to court then that'd be doing everyone else a BIG favour...

... otherwise these muppets will just sweep it under the carpet and keep sending threatening letters to other innocent victims!

But that's easy for me (or anyone else) to say... :|

3 hours ago, hackey lad said:

If you're 110% certain and have everything in order, go to court. 

2 minutes ago, Resident said:

If you're 110% certain and have everything in order, go to court. 

All has been paid. The only thing is some of the payments have been up to 10 days late .

Currently waiting on the phone, been 30 minutes now.

6 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

All has been paid. The only thing is some of the payments have been up to 10 days late .

Currently waiting on the phone, been 30 minutes now.

Seems odd to go straight to court summons for one payment being ten days late.

Did you bring the account up to date before the date on the summons, or afterwards?

Edited by HeHasRisen

6 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Seems odd to go straight to court summons for one payment being ten days late.

Did you bring the account up to date before the date on the summons, or afterwards?

Some of the payments.Date on letter received today 30 August . Payment paid on 8 August 

Edited by hackey lad