Bacon Island Park Development

7 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Let the moaning commence.

"It is part of big plans to regenerate Neepsend, next to the trendy Kelham Island." 

With the 1,300 new homes, (presumably family homes?), will the trendy Kelham Island brigade of long beards & tattos down one arm, be moving out into the suburbs? 

And Kelham Island becomes an inner city slum way before the 30 years I predicted in another thread. 

Edited by Baron99

2 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

"It is part of big plans to regenerate Neepsend, next to the trendy Kelham Island." 

With the 1,300 new homes, (presumably family homes?), will the trendy Kelham Island brigade of long beards & tattos down one arm, be moving out into the suburbs? 

And Kelham Island becomes an inner city slum way before the 30 years I predicted in another thread. 

No.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Bargepole23 said:

No.

I say yes! 

Edited by Baron99

18 hours ago, Baron99 said:

I say yes! 

We'll agree to disagree 😁

Saying ‘to be built’ makes it sounds like it’s something that’s definitely going to happen, whereas this is just Sheffield Council outlining what they would like to happen is it not?

The only actual housing development I’m aware that’s coming forward in that area is the Cannon Brewery site, which has recently been bought by Capita and Centric.. 

• Like 1

I find it amusing that Bacon Island isn't that far from Hillsborough. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Robin-H said:

Saying ‘to be built’ makes it sounds like it’s something that’s definitely going to happen, whereas this is just Sheffield Council outlining what they would like to happen is it not?

The only actual housing development I’m aware that’s coming forward in that area is the Cannon Brewery site, which has recently been bought by Capita and Centric.. 

Exactly; this is just The Star reporting on a draft local plan. They're making it sound much more definitive and imminent than any actual drawn-up plans from private (or public) developers actually are.

• Like 1

This is all about avoiding a Local Plan that addresses the green belt boundaries of Sheffield in a radical way. The hoped for alternative is higher density brownfield development on the urban fringe. Take your pick. Trouble is developers want green field sites. Brownfield development and the associated infrastructure costs are likely to mean the development is unviable. The planning inspector will test the Council very hard on deliverability when it comes to the local plan examination. Wanting and hoping a certain pattern of development will occur is not the same as it actually ever delivered by the market. My prediction is Sheffield’s local plan gets thrown out at examination for this  single reason. And the only answer then will be significant green belt release. 
big issue of the next 2 years for sheffield 

Bacon Island. Not suitable for veggies, and halal’s, then. 

Edited by Cyclecar
Addition
  • Haha 1

And a river runs through it, not very well thought out for housing, wait for the complaints next flood.